fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. So lately I've been interested in the web designing and I want to create my own website. But the problem is, I have absolutely no knowledge about web designing. Where do you think I should start? Everyone says HTML is a good way to start with. But do you have any good source for the beginners like me ? Thanks for the help
wink.gif

Skye07

Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Frontpage isn't exactly the way to create professional looking pages, like the others said w3schools is probably the best to get you started. Try learning some HTML and CSS, with those two you'll be able to do quite alot already.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do NOT go the WYSIWYG (editors like NVU, Publisher and FrontPage) route unless you want your site to only work in one browser, load slowly and occasionally stop working for no apparent reason.

Just start with a very simple page. I recommend first starting with basic formatting (bold, italic, underline etc) then moving onto background colours, tables and so on.

It's very easy once you get the hang of it.

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the advices. But here's one weird question. How long do you think it would take me to make an imageboard site ? Like 4chan for instance? It is actually HTML based but it doesn't look so simple =/

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I also am interested in Web Design...but HTML isn't cutting it for me (too simple, copy and paste tags is lame).

But, when I complete an HTML - I don't know how to "get it on the internet."
I was told to get it published...Googled that and still have no idea where I'm suppose to publish it.

Thanks for help (shouldn't be hard, as most of you ain't n00bs like me)
biggrin.gif

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need hosting and a domain. You're gonna upload the HTML files on your hosting and publish it on your domain. That's basically how it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead