Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Free and legal:

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/

If you like anything like Scorched Earth or Worms, you'll have a.. blast!
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been in this situation a few times, my advice is to head on down to the rental store/electronics shop/supermarket and raid those $5/$10 towers they have there. Most games on them were good in their day and some still stand today (especially with those that do 3rd party mods).
The added bonus is all those games should be easy enough to facilitate play with only one disc.

Oh and Diablo2, not sure about dungeon siege, Age of Empires, Total War and some of the older FPS titles like unreal.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good point you got there with Diablo 2. Still very great today, it reminds of fatal errors some clones have made.

I'd also recommend Titan Quest + Immortal Throne, a very great; if not THE very great clone of Diablo.
Might start out a little dull, but as soon as you've got a few levels and skills it's getting even better all the time. New bosses and items on harder difficulty levels.

Scratch that, it has high hardware requirements, sorry.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Age of Empires I and II, Quake 3, Soldier of Fortune II ( you can download a free multiplayer demo ) , Unreal, Rollcage ( quite an old game, but great in LAN ) and maybe Carmageddon
nyanya.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh! OH!!

Prepare for the absolutely best racing game I ever played in a LAN:

Dethkarz! It has weapons and goodies and was the all-around best action racing game there ever was on pc. Too sad the developer doesn't program games anymore
cry.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, I forgot some crucial advice: check what protocols the network games use. Some older titles are IPX only and you say are 4 years old which I assume makes them XP or 2k (which do not like IPX much).
While I guess it is possible to run IPX stuff on an XP network the aggro associated is typically horrendous.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had no troubles running IPX under XP for LAN gaming.

Which reminds me...

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge

FTW!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, my messed up network arrangements strike again. IPX has (I have not used it in about a year and half now) always been messed up for me and most people I know, that and I do not like installing superfluous protocols.

Ph1l0z0ph3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm you might wanna try Quake Wars:Enemy Territory. You can just create an offline user on all the PCs with the game installed and play LAN. Game is pretty fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1