WD elements Se on wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by gaspazet, Oct 13, 2011.

1. gaspazet
    OP

gaspazet Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2011
    Greece
    Hello

I got my new 500gb WD elements Se portable before 20 or so days.Yesterday i added 7 more games and i had some randoms "clicks" while i was playing....not more than 2-3.Today i heard also 2 clicks. I did a full scan(extended) with WD lifeguard diagnostics and everything seems to be ok:
    [​IMG]
    I have more than 80 games in total and around 55% free disk space. I also had this click sound, when i did some test like opening-closing wii console(today)...some times it did click but some times it didnt(i went in cfg loader,in a game and then -->out--->wii menu--->close wii).The click sound is just one click,like you turn off something(some audio cards have this sound when you open-close a pc)and nothing more.
    Any opinions guys?
    BR

2. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Alot of harddrives can have a click-sound when the arm is moving between certain locations. Its quite normal and shouldnt be anything to worry about.
    If/when you start experiencing bad lag or delay during these clicks, it might be time to try a reformat.

But yea, I have 2 HDDs that have had these clicking sounds since they were new thats working perfectly even today.... They are over 5 years old now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice