Hacking WCRepairs Gateway...

sinx4lyfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i purchased a gateway card for my girlfriend on the official reseller for gateway from wcrepairs and my card got declined and so the order never went through? But the thing is there is some kind of charge for the amount i purchased on the bank statement? Do i do a chargeback or is this just my bank telling me they tried to charge me and that it will clear up in a day? Kind of worried. The website says they have 24/7 customer service chat but they're not on all day today... also called there store number and they still didn't answer just wondering if people had a similar experience with cards getting declined or used the website before.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've had a horrible experience from WCRepairs as well. The payment went through fine, but they put my order on hold and they insist I call them to talk about it rather than doing it over email where it is convenient. They almost NEVER answer their phone (or shall I say Google Voice) and eventually I stopped getting responses and my order got canceled. Wrote it off as a $60 lesson, but maybe you should try to contact your bank about it.

sinx4lyfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've had a horrible experience from WCRepairs as well. The payment went through fine, but they put my order on hold and they insist I call them to talk about it rather than doing it over email where it is convenient. They almost NEVER answer their phone (or shall I say Google Voice) and eventually I stopped getting responses and my order got canceled. Wrote it off as a $60 lesson, but maybe you should try to contact your bank about it.

So wait did you get your money back? Ima contact my bank tommorow but since the order didn't go through what do i tell my bank? Just tell them to chargeback because the order didn't go through? Wouldn't they tell me to contact the wc company?..

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait did you get your money back? Ima contact my bank tommorow but since the order didn't go through what do i tell my bank? Just tell them to chargeback because the order didn't go through? Wouldn't they tell me to contact the wc company?..

I never got my money back. I used a prepaid MasterCard rather than my actual Visa credit card, so I don't think you can file a chargeback for a prepaid gift card. They'd likely ask you to contact them first (which is nearly impossible, they even started to ignore me), good luck.

chavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a Gateway on sunday, they shipped it today and it will hopefully be here tomorrow. I had no issues, although I did use a regular debit card.

sinx4lyfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just called them they solved it for me i had to contact there facebook to get there attention lol... They told me it should be cleared up soon but apparently the shipping and billing address has to be the same so good luck having a relative buying it for you

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just called them they solved it for me i had to contact there facebook to get there attention lol... They told me it should be cleared up soon but apparently the shipping and billing address has to be the same so good luck having a relative buying it for you

That's the exact reason why my order was placed on hold and was canceled. Did you just PM them on Facebook?

sinx4lyfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the exact reason why my order was placed on hold and was canceled. Did you just PM them on Facebook?

Yea... now im wondering where do i order from? I tried another website got a similar error made me really scared so im avoiding using my credit card now and trying to find a site with paypal so i don't have to go through this stress.

wendeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea... now im wondering where do i order from? I tried another website got a similar error made me really scared so im avoiding using my credit card now and trying to find a site with paypal so i don't have to go through this stress.
Buy from modchipsdirect they sell for cheaper then all other sites and ship pretty fast

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Since Paypal shuns these sort of retailers, you'll be hard-pressed to find one that actually accepts paypal publicly. I've used my Visa several times on ModChipsDirect without any issues at all, so I would definitely recommend them. They even ship from New York so that's certainly a plus

EDIT: Just saw your previous post... I've never ordered anywhere else but I've heard good things about RealHotStuff.

sinx4lyfe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Paypal shuns these sort of retailers, you'll be hard-pressed to find one that actually accepts paypal publicly. I've used my Visa several times on ModChipsDirect without any issues at all, so I would definitely recommend them. They even ship from New York so that's certainly a plus

EDIT: Just saw your previous post... I've never ordered anywhere but I've heard good things about RealHotStuff.

Okay i just used modchipsdirect website worked now and finally went through without issue thanks.

Reactions: bobtheglob101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol