Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wcdpatcher14.png

WCDPatcher

What it does:
WCDPatcher swaps out wondercards (pokemon and items) in the Deoxys Distribution Cart 2008 and replaces it with a user specified wondercard

Supports all Pokemon DS games

It also enables selection of the distribution region, setting the friend distribution limit, removing distribution date limits and editing of the ROMs header info

What you will need:
- Deoxys Distribution Cart 2008 ROM (google for this)
- A valid wondercard ( Project Pokemon event downloads)

The latest version, 1.42, adds support for Japanese HeartGold and SoulSilver games

Download here

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
Wow nice one. So you won't need pokesav for wondercards anymore... Great dude

This is for the Deoxys Distribution ROM which you run in one DS and distribute so other people can get in their games.

If you want to edit wondercards into your save you'll need pokesav (or something that works in a similar manner).

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having a problem...

I found a copy of the Deoxys Distribution ROM and patched it with the PBR Pikachu from Pokesav.org. The resulting image says it's distributing PIKACHU which seems to be correct.

When I connect via wireless from another DS, however, it says the gift available is the "Myster from Space" and won't let me download it as I've already received that gift.

Is there some step in the patching that I'm nissing?

Thanks...

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to know is whether it's necessary to change the date on your DS to correspond with the dates of these events from them to actually work? I'm waiting on the delivery of a CycloDS before I can try this out, however I've got this program, the Deoxys ROM, and the assorted Wonder Card files already downloaded.

Also, jrushchme, have you found a solution to your problem? I hope I don't run into the same thing... although I imagine it if were common, someone would've posted about it prior to your post.

Also, how exactly did Pokesav.org get their hands on the Wonder Card file for the upcoming TRU Regigigas giveaway? It isn't until March
unsure.gif

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
I'd like to know is whether it's necessary to change the date on your DS to correspond with the dates of these events from them to actually work? I'm waiting on the delivery of a CycloDS before I can try this out, however I've got this program, the Deoxys ROM, and the assorted Wonder Card files already downloaded.
It apparently depends on whether the patcher removes the dates or not.
QUOTE said:
Also, jrushchme, have you found a solution to your problem? I hope I don't run into the same thing... although I imagine it if were common, someone would've posted about it prior to your post.
Poking around the pokesav.org forums, I found another patcher (comand-line based, though you can also drag-and-drop wondercards on it) that seems to work fine, so I used it instead.
Also, how exactly did Pokesav.org get their hands on the Wonder Card file for the upcoming TRU Regigigas giveaway? It isn't until March
unsure.gif
Probably some TRU employee. My guess would be that Nintendo shipped both roms at the same time to the stores.

MicShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By the way, no date changing is required. And about the 'Mystery from space' issue, i only managed to get it once. And i fixed it, but cant remember how i did...

EDIT: And the source is C#.NET 2.0 code. So not sure if that can converted for Macs. But if you need the technical data or the source, just contact me

If anyone knows how to fix the same card ID problem (mystery from space) please, give me a shout

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
This is awesome I tested this with the Australians manaphy jb hifi event how kool will this be getting all these legit pokemon and trading them on wifi this is a great patcher and I will continue using it in the future.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Patching the Distro with another Wonder Card for usage on Japanese Platinum. English Patched and Japanese Patched didn't seem to work for both the Distro and the Game itself.

Both Semi-English Translated and Japanese Platinums have told me that it's for a different Version. I'm sure it answers my question, but I'm just making sure.
frown.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rockman GFF said:
I've tried Patching the Distro with another Wonder Card for usage on Japanese Platinum. English Patched and Japanese Patched didn't seem to work for both the Distro and the Game itself.

Both Semi-English Translated and Japanese Platinums have told me that it's for a different Version. I'm sure it answers my question, but I'm just making sure.
frown.gif

Probably best to wait until the North American Platinum comes out... it's only a month or so away. I don't think Japanese games can receive North American Wonder Cards, or vice versa.

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
I don't think Japanese games can receive North American Wonder Cards, or vice versa.

Hmm... Are you sure about that? When I was poking around on Pokesav.org, I downloaded the WonderCard from a Japanese distribution of Jirachi. Using a patched Deoxys ditro cart, I was able to receive Jirachi as a gift. It's name is in Japanese as was the WC text, but I had no problem with the gift itself.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both a USA and Japanese Wonder Card, aside from patching the Distribution English or Japanese. I'm figuring there must be something seperate for Platinum perhaps.

I can also confirm Wonder Cards are Region Free though aside from trying to make it work with the Japanese Platinum. It all depends on the way the Distribution Region is.

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Rockman GFF said:
I've tried both a USA and Japanese Wonder Card, aside from patching the Distribution English or Japanese. I'm figuring there must be something seperate for Platinum perhaps.

I can also confirm Wonder Cards are Region Free though aside from trying to make it work with the Japanese Platinum. It all depends on the way the Distribution Region is.
Did you make the WC with pokesav platinum?

The original pokesav, does not have option to allow you to distribute to platinum.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Just took an already existing Wonder Card. I've tried Pokesav Platina, and checked off Platinum Distribution. That didn't work either, even just going into 0000014D in Hex and changing it from 0C to 1C (D/P/Pt Distribution) and 10 (Platinum Distribution only) like the Platinum Pokesav didn't work.

Perhaps that's just only for Game Gift Distribution?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It would be strange if Platinum weren't able to receive the same wonder cards as Diamond or Pearl... I'll have to give it a try when I get the North American version of Platinum next month.

When patching Japanese Wonder Cards into the Deoxys distro ROM using the tool in this thread, do you have to choose "Japanese" as the language? Or do you need to choose the language of your own game?

Just out of curiousity, would this tool work in modifying the Deoxys ROM to distribute any wonder card file you integrate into it, whether for Pokemon or Items? I've noticed that so far, Nintendo has opted to just give out the event Pokemon directly rather than the items which activate their respective in-game events (the member card for Darkrai, or Oak's Letter for Shaymin).

When it comes time for Arceus, and if Nintendo possibly decided to give out the Azure Flute rather than the pokemon directly... would the modified Deoxys ROM give out the flute just the same as it does Pokemon?

SCVgeo

Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
It would be strange if Platinum weren't able to receive the same wonder cards as Diamond or Pearl... I'll have to give it a try when I get the North American version of Platinum next month.

When patching Japanese Wonder Cards into the Deoxys distro ROM using the tool in this thread, do you have to choose "Japanese" as the language? Or do you need to choose the language of your own game?

Just out of curiousity, would this tool work in modifying the Deoxys ROM to distribute any wonder card file you integrate into it, whether for Pokemon or Items? I've noticed that so far, Nintendo has opted to just give out the event Pokemon directly rather than the items which activate their respective in-game events (the member card for Darkrai, or Oak's Letter for Shaymin).

When it comes time for Arceus, and if Nintendo possibly decided to give out the Azure Flute rather than the pokemon directly... would the modified Deoxys ROM give out the flute just the same as it does Pokemon?
Well, I don't know about the patcher, but the distro rom can distribute any wondercard (whether item, pokemon, manaphy egg, etc). I have done that myself.
It was even able to distribute gifts to platinum, but the wondercard did not get stored in the platinum save. This was before pokesav platinum however, so I don't know whether choosing the platinum option allows receiving the WC.

Main point: if you the option to receive a gift is not showing up, something is being done wrong (either by the user or by the patcher).

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
SCVgeo said:
It was even able to distribute gifts to platinum, but the wondercard did not get stored in the platinum save. This was before pokesav platinum however, so I don't know whether choosing the platinum option allows receiving the WC.

Main point: if you the option to receive a gift is not showing up, something is being done wrong (either by the user or by the patcher).
WCP.png

The English Patch by Rykin should have nothing to do with it either, I get the same type of message about the Version for the Untamed Japanese game. I've even used Pokesav Platina and to enable Platinum Distribution, even Platinum Distribution alone. I've also modified it through a Hex Editor and still no-go. I think that's just only Mystery Gift Distribution on the game itself. I haven't tried it on Diamond or Pearl's English and Japanese Versions to test them out. I only cared about getting Platina to work at the time.

Let's just hope that the Distributor does work for the Domestic Platinum next month.
blink.gif

MicShadow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You must select the region of your game cart to distribute onto. If you have a Japanese game, you must select Japanese and so on. Also, you must select to recieve it from 'wireless' not from anything else.

Items do work, it simply distributes the wondercards data, which can be anything.

EDIT: Version 1.1 out! fixes the 'mystery from space' bug. (The gift id problem)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16