Hacking WBFS to USB?!?

thestonecomputer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I am going to keep this short and to the point. I have searched all over this site and others (prolly a thread I missed and if there one is please except my apology for posting this)

Ok I am new to this whole Wii Home-brew thing I have been using them for less than 24 hours and the problem I am having is when I download Wii roms most of the time they are already in WBFS format. You would thing that a WBFS manager could take that file and put it on to a WBFS USB but it wont (or not the 4 I tried) The WBFS managers I have used all need the ISO and wont even see the WBFS files. I downloaded a ton of games and about half of them are in the WBFS format already. I thought I could just drag and drop these files but nope the computer can not see the USB cuz the drive is in WBFS already.

I would like to be able to switch files on my USB quick and easy I would love to just drag and drop.

So any programs that use WBFS AND ISO's?

Thank you so much

D

-Update- I use WBFS 3.0 and the system works fine with ISO's I can play the games etc.... So why do they come as WBFS if you need to start as a ISO? I really think there is a real simple solution to this and I'm just not seeing it.

zap284

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if wbfs manager isnt working with your usb drive, make sure you formatted it to wbfs before trying to put games on it

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well nowadays FAT32 is the recommended method, but since you already formatted your drive to WBFS you could always stick to that. Only downside is that recovery can be very hard.
The program Wii Backup Manager mentioned before can transfer the WBFS files for you to your WBFS drive.
Try it, it's awesome !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning