Hacking WBFS storage issues and DSI errors?

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So first things first, I am planning on converting my hard drive to fat32 using wbfs2fat the first chance I get, but I noticed when converting a cousin's hard drive that when converted, there are folders inside of the wbfs folder, each containing the wbfs files, so basically a game in a folder in a folder. If I backup my hard drive, wouldn't I only get the wbfs files as a backup? If I put them in the wbfs folder, would they work using usb usb loaders, or would they have to be inside another folder within that folder? I know it sounds like a jumble of words but help is appreciated.

Secondly, I'm still having issues with getting Newer Super Mario Bros Wii to work on CFG USB Loader. When I click it, I get a black screen with white text and it says DSI error at the bottom. It'd be helpful to maybe know what this means so I can try to fix the problem. My cousin has the same patched ROM as I do (I transferred the file to his Wii as well) and it seems to work for him. It also is showing the proper cover art for him, but for me it's showing the original New Super Mario Bros cover art, so if there's a way I can fix it, maybe by trying a different iso, just leave suggestions, thanks.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: my drive is now in fat32 format, however only CFG USB Loader can run both Wii and GameCube games, USB Loader GX only sees the GameCube games, as well as channels on the Wii for some reason. I am still having trouble with Newer Super Mario Bros Wii and on CFG USB Loader, it says cc load : sd : /usb- loader/covers/cache/(multiple codes) . ccc repeatedly, DSI error occured near the bottom, as well as a stack dump. Then reloading in 60 seconds. I also want to put my N64, SNES, NES, and Atari 2600 emulator ROMs on my hard drive, is there a way to do that without any issues, do I just drag things over?

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update #237, I have both loaders working, with covers, with Wii games, however for some reason the original New Super Mario Bros isn't appearing on USB Loader GX and the Newer one isn't working on CFG USB Loader. These issues are starting to cause me physical pain so once again, help appreciated.

MassiR77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update #687: found New super Mario Bros, for some reason the name changed to something else. I managed to get usb USB loader GX working 100%, is there a way to uninstall CFG USB Loader safely without corrupting anything, as well as removing all the downloaded covers that may be taking up space? Or do covers not take up space, idk.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
homebrew are not installed, they are only placed on SD card as a file and accessed when launched.
just delete the folder on your SD card.
if you installed a channel on system menu, use a wad manager + the same wad file on SD, but select "uninstall" instead of "install" after picking that wad file. don't use a channel deleter (dangerous!!).

to delete covers, look where cfg is storing them, probably on a subfolder of apps/CFGLoader/ or in an option folder on the root on SD card, and delete the folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.