WBFS Manager

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Jampashley1996, Mar 20, 2010.

Mar 20, 2010

WBFS Manager by Jampashley1996 at 5:41 PM (1,155 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jampashley1996
    OP

Newcomer Jampashley1996 Member

United Kingdom
    I have Windows Vista SP2
    WBFS Manager 3.0.1
    Maxtor OneTouch 4 (500GB) external hardrive for my Wii

When ever i try to add a game with a file size of around 2gb and above to the harddrive, it crashes and i have to unplug the hardrive and plug it back in for it to work agen.
    i have added games to this harddrive before and played them on wii, but the games have olways been quite small

What can i do? is there sumthing i am missing?

2. Vattu

Member Vattu GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    have you tried other wbfs managers? Tried FAT32 file system?

3. Jampashley1996
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have just tried a different wbfs managers and it dint work
    and the HDD will only format to NTFS

4. H.K.

Newcomer H.K. Member

Greece
    if you want to format in Fat32 you should use a 3rd party partition manager like Acronis Disk Director Suite, EASEUS Partition Master 5.0.1 Home Edition which is free http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
    Besides that it could be helpfull if you could provide more information about the structure of the disk and the way you are adding games in it.

5. Jampashley1996
    OP

United Kingdom
    well its a NTFS format , formatted to wbfs obv, n im adding game isos one at a time with wbfs manager 3.0.1

6. H.K.

Newcomer H.K. Member

Greece
    I'm sorry but i can't figure out what's wrong, i have a windows xp sp3 and WiiBackupManager0.3.0beta4 , actually i use only wd Hard disks and never had a problem, even in the early stages when i used them partitioned as fat32 primary active (1st partition) and wbfs primary (2nd partition), even when i choose to make a single partition in ntfs with the wbfs folder, or now having a single fat32 partition with a wbfs folder, i wonder if you could download the maxtor disk utility and check out the disk, or it is only a Windows Vista SP2 problem.
    On Wii USB Devices Compatibility List http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...lity_List#500GB , nobody reported an issue with your disk!. [​IMG]
    Maybe it could be more of assistance somebody who has the same configuration (HDD, OS, WBFS Manager 3.0.1) as yours.