Hacking WBFS Manager Error

celinedrules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have been using WBFS Manager for a while now but today when I my drive to my computer and tried to load it, I got:

Code:
"Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format."
The drive still works when connected to the Wii. I just can't use this program anymore

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any other drives plugged into your computer? Are you selecting the right drive?

I ask because my WBFS drive has actually changed drive letters as I've added other drives. It used to be M, then N, and now it's O. I once accidentally selected my 1tb drive, which I DON'T use for WBFS, and I got the same message.

Plug your drive into your PC, then double click My Computer, then right click your drive and select Properties. The file system should read "RAW." Try using another WBFS program to see if it will recognize your drive. You can also uninstall WBFS Manager, and reinstall it (this must be done when upgrading this program, as it will not overwrite the old one). Make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" function every time you remove it from your computer.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your games got corrupted when adding/deleting games using the Wii and original backups. Do all of your games play perfectly on the Wii?

celinedrules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the right drive letter. I made sure of it. I tried upgrading to the latest version and still get the same error. All my games work fine on the Wii so I know that's not the problem.

celinedrules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried two other tools with no luck either. I don't want to lose everything I have on my drive. There has to be some way to fix this. Why can my Wii read the drive just fine?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
celinedrules said:
I tried two other tools with no luck either. I don't want to lose everything I have on my drive. There has to be some way to fix this. Why can my Wii read the drive just fine?

Is your HD USB or mains powered?
Do you have a USB hub or direct USB PC connection?
Are you using the same USB Cable that connects to your Wii?

celinedrules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its USB powered. I have it connected directly to the ports on the back of my computer. I just tried connecting it to a computer with Windows XP and it works fine. It's just Vista that doesn't work anymore. I use to work before so I don't understand why not now. And yes, I am using the same cable. All my stuff is on the Vista computer and it would take forever to copy over to the one with XP so I would really like to get this fixed.

Thanks

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
celinedrules said:
Its USB powered. I have it connected directly to the ports on the back of my computer. I just tried connecting it to a computer with Windows XP and it works fine. It's just Vista that doesn't work anymore. I use to work before so I don't understand why not now. And yes, I am using the same cable. All my stuff is on the Vista computer and it would take forever to copy over to the one with XP so I would really like to get this fixed.

Thanks

Deleted

KeesK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
celinedrules said:

Thanks
In Vista you should run the program as an administrator (Right click the program and select 'Run as administrator')

celinedrules

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
In Vista you should run the program as an administrator (Right click the program and select 'Run as administrator')

I tried running it as administrator. Like I said, it worked before and now nothing.

Rayan-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bruh i tried putting my drive and it says error i put the right one bro in 2019 wbfs was working fine but its almost 2022 and its error always happend i tried to reinstall and nothing wow very shit:hateit:

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
bruh i tried putting my drive and it says error i put the right one bro in 2019 wbfs was working fine but its almost 2022 and its error always happend i tried to reinstall and nothing wow very shit:hateit:
Hello,

the best format is FAT32 and use "wii backup manager" to manage your games.

WBFS has become obsolete.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up