WBFS files coruppted

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by shgadlic, Sep 7, 2011.

Sep 7, 2011

WBFS files coruppted by shgadlic at 7:52 AM (993 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. shgadlic
    OP

Newcomer shgadlic Member

Israel
    i had and HDD in NTFS format that had a lot of wbfs files, one day the HDD stop being reconized as a fortmated disk.
    so i tried to rebuild the NTFS index, and it worked but most of the files became curoppted,
    i belivae the header of the files is gone, can i fix WBFS files in any way?

2. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Ask Wiim or look for Wiims iso tools.
    It might or might not help you, good luck.

3. shgadlic
    OP

Newcomer shgadlic Member

Israel
    i tried wiims iso tools but it didnt reconize the files at all, i dont know if i'm doing it right cos i'm not a linux orianted guy.

4. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    well if the "header" is gone, you'll need to redo all the games. yeah it sucks. but that's all you can do.
    if you can't fix them with wiims's tool.
    I would redo the hd if games are the only thing that is on it,reforrmat to a fat32/32k.. or if it's a bigger size hd, it'll need to be fat32/64k.. you can find a format tool inside modmii. I use to have all kinds of problems with NTFS formatted hd's. never had problems with my fat32(500gb).the only thing is when i boot the harddrive in windows it comes up with (repair hd or skip.)i skip it. the wii reads it just fine.

5. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    That's not good at all....

6. shgadlic
    OP

Newcomer shgadlic Member

Israel
    Change to FAT32? mmm.. what about DL games then? how that works with no NTFS?
    actually i didnt had any problems with NTFS HDD until recently, and i'm using this HDD for over a year, even two years.

so i'll need to rebuild my collection again, a bit of a drag but will manage.
    thanks for the help.

7. brausm08

Member brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wii Backup Manager will automatically split .wbfs files >4GB into .wbfs and .wbf1 files...the loaders know how to handle them as a single file. the only drawback would be if you want to store big HD movie rips or DVD .isos on that same drive partition....

mine is setup as a single FAT32 partition...never had any issues.

8. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    just for the record:
    wiimms tools are available for windows
    (and mac, linux, possibly more)

9. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    It has always suprised me that people think FAT32 means no dual layer games, when even single layer games can be bigger than 4gb (up to 4.7gb).

FAT32 has always been the best option, because you don't need an SD card or multiple partitions & all homebrew will work with it (HBC, emulators etc).

It's only a problem if you use the drive for something else and really must have files >4gb without splitting them.

10. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    DL works fine with fat32. (smash brothers brawl, conduit 1 an 2. ) an couple others i have work just fine. the only difference is fat32, splits anything over 4gb. (wbfsxxx1,wbfsxxx2).
    an as far as me skipping "repair' option. it has always done this cause of all the info(uneek+di, disc ex, an wbfs) all on same hdd. so not sure what file is causing this issue. but it (hdd). has never failed to read, or copy games to.