Hacking Ways To Fix This?

SHRIVES93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, i got a slot one 16g bit ds fire card in late march early april something like that. all of a sudden ive been having problem after problem w/ it. phantom hourglass and pokemon diamond/silver wont save (yes i have it on flash 4mb), my ninja gaiden save is just gone for some reason and tetris ds stopped working all together when i try to load the game. it comes up w/ an error message. ive been looking around the forums and im starting to think its the battery in the card but i didnt think it would go that fast. is there a way to fix the battery? and also ive erased the card completely and gotten rid of any multiple saves from one game and have the latest firmware and xmenu. i havent found any other methods on how to fix this but if you know any help is incredibly appreciated.
gbasp.gif

SHRIVES93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i just played CrossworDS and i tested one puzzle and saved it then rebooted it and it said data corrupted. i had like over 150 puzzles done. someone has to know what causes this.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, FLASH 4M will always wipe your saves. Pokemon doesn't even need 4M, by default it's 2M and works fine on Auto. It seems that's probaly your biggest problem, set any non F4M games to auto.

If that doesn't work, try backing up the data on your card and formatting it(thru the DS, not Windows; see the FAQ topic on the second page).

Lastly, these are not the symptoms of a dead save battery- I know, because mine is dead. I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, but that's not it.

SHRIVES93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just changed every non flash 4mb to auto and im still having the same problem. when i run this battery test it says error mismatch test failed! Link to the test here

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure you replaced the files on the card with the ones in the test folder? That's not the right error for a dead battery.

Try formatting the card and see if that helps. If it doesn't I can only refer you to the FAQ topic that the mods were too lazy to sticky. It's only a page back on this particular subforum.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zelda DOESN'T work with FireCard even with 4MB save.

But Pokemon Diamond worked on mine okay. I'd help you out but my FireCard have died. Only after 4 months of use.
frown.gif

Diamond Silver? Is that a GBC game? If yeah, then homebrew are not excellent on FireCard.

Are there games that worked okay after saved and switched off?

What firmware do you have?

SHRIVES93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got 1.45 and 2.55 and yes a few games have stopped working altogether such as tetris ds and luxor. several others i cant remember off the top of my head (im defragging the card right now.

bravosix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SHRIVES93 said:
i just changed every non flash 4mb to auto and im still having the same problem. when i run this battery test it says error mismatch test failed! Link to the test here

I get that same message "data mismatch...failed".. I replaced the files too. only thing leading to mine not saving is the battery, but. who knows

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When the save-type is set to AUTO:

Play until you save,
DONT TURN OF YOUR DS, Soft reset [Press A+B+X+Y+L+R(+Start+Select , not sure atm),
Start the game again and hope that the save exists now :x
---
Tell us if it worked =$

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the last time I'm going to say this: The save battery, despite what some others are saying, is not dead. If it were, there wouldn't be a save file to give you an error with.

Have you ever formatted your card through Windows? If so, that's probably it. More than one clone website stated that it's harmful to the NAND on the card, and at least one person at DX was complaining about the problems with saving he'd had afterward.

oxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm having the exact same issue. games load but then they give me a error that says something about not being able to read the save, then it refuses to load. FF4 says it looking for a save slot. My problem though is that I went to soft reset and accidentally started to format, then before it was done formating I shut it off. Any way to fix this. formatted and put xmenu 2.55 but still does this.

SHRIVES93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
This is the last time I'm going to say this: The save battery, despite what some others are saying, is not dead. If it were, there wouldn't be a save file to give you an error with.

Have you ever formatted your card through Windows? If so, that's probably it. More than one clone website stated that it's harmful to the NAND on the card, and at least one person at DX was complaining about the problems with saving he'd had afterward.
i definately did try formatting it in windows. is there a way to fix it now or do i have to go back and buy a whole new card and never format through windows again? any repair app i can install? anything? lol i really dont feel like spending 40 bucks and doing at this crap again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp