Wayforward Developing Wii/DS Batman Game

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    From Kotaku:

I know it has its fans and the critics love it but I never got on with the latest Batman cartoon, perhaps I'm still yearning for the excellence that was the series from the 90's. Anyway this could turn out well seeing its WayForward who can make very good games (they even made A Sabrina The Teenage Witch game to be very good).

A list of their good games:

GBC:
    Shantae
    Wendy: Every Witch Way
    Sabrina The Teenage Witch

GBA:
    Justice League Heroes: The Flash
    SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
    The Scorpion King

DS:
    Contra 4
    Mighty Flip Champs

Wii:
    Lit
    A Boy & His Blob

When effort is involved they seem to do very well, they have made a few stinkers but they do have a knack of making shit licenses good and with a good one like Batman I hope they can give us something worthwhile. No media yet or a release date.

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I still haven't played both of their Wii games. If I like them, I'll certainly look forward to this, even though I don't like Batman at all.

3. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I really like WayForward and I love Batman. But like you, Hadrian, I couldn`t get into these new series, since the art-style and story-line are not my taste. BatmanTAS however was dark and had really nice storys. Loved it!

Arkham Asylum was Batman in his purity (Stealth, Combat, Detective), but I think the targetted audience for this one will be kids, so I think it will be something like the Lego-games or the last Marvel-Hero-game (can`t remember the name - with the small character models). But I have faith in WayForward so maybe they can pull something off here [​IMG]

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    no usually the target audience isnt really kids but mainly teens and slighty older peeps (like in my family we are btn 18-23)
    if they make a game closer to the gba batman titles (like Tzu something...) then it would be wonderful