Way to use GCN/WiiClassic Controllers on PC?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by The Milkman, Oct 9, 2011.

1. The Milkman
    OP

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to use my GCN or Wii classic controllers on my PC. I want to use it for MC and TF2 mostly and if it was free (like a rewire or mod) or cheap (an adapter/port) then it would be appericiated. Oh Im not sure if this is important or not but im on a PC running XP.

2. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-1-Magic-Joy-Box-Game-controller-/250759065829?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item3a6267b0e5
    This looks good. Needs drivers though.

3. mrgone

Member mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    i have not seen any adapters for classic controller to pc connections

4. Raiser

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    The Wii Classic Controller itself is useless. That is why it must be hooked up to the Wiimote for it to even be usable.
    As the Wiimote can be used with PCs (after a number of procedures), the Classic Controller could theoretically be used as well. But I am unsure if PCs can even 'read' the inputs at the bottom of Wiimotes.

GC controllers do have some adapters though like the one Saturnplanet5. Never looked it up myself, but could be worth a go.

5. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Cant you just use a Bluetooth adapter? For connecting the wiimote with a classic controller attached.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Wiimotes can be used via bluetooth, though getting light sources for the pointing might involve a little hassle.

7. The Milkman
    OP

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    I remeber seeing one classic controller adapter on amazon but im not sure if it would register as a joystick or if it just translates button presses into keyboard commands.

8. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You can use a Classic controller with a PC by syncing a Wiimote via Bluetooth.
    If you plan on using the Wiimote's pointer feature at some point (probably not if you're just using the Classic Controller) you'll need some sort of light source to point at (easiest way is to just plug in your Wii beside your PC and set up the sensor bar by your monitor).