1. SlegBE

OP SlegBE Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Hello,

I' ve received my damaged Switch and was curious to see what was the problem.
    No power, no charge at all.
    Started to open it and nothing suspicious on the B-side. No classical shorts with multimeter.

So I dissasembled it to see the other side and saw a small water damage on the top of the board.

Started to clean up to see the damage more clearly and a capacitor looks not very good but has no shorts with my multimeter.

I put test charger into USB-C and see 0.47a. So it's started.

After reassembly here was my investigation:
    - Power : OK
    - Screen : Start with Nintendo and logo but after black screen
    - Backlight : On
    - Touchscreen : OK
    - Sound : OK

On the dock I've got the image but it is not stable and image is only an a half screen of TV.

So I will try to swap capacitor on a working Switch to see if improvement...

Capture.PNG

2. SlegBE

OP SlegBE Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    No improvement of picture stability when swapping this caps. (Now I just read that the chip just nearby the caps concern the sound and I had no problem with it on my Switch)

But the image stability issue is gone by itself on docked mode after replying at the setup questions (language, continent, date, time, ...)

I can now use the switch in portable and dock mode perfectly. So it is 100% functional. Power ON/OFF no problem with a black screen.
    I see that it is a patched version but has still 4.1 firmware.

But problem persist if I reinitialize it (black screen after logo and stability image issue on the dock mode) I have each time to answer to the setup question to have a stable display.

Is it maybe a firmware issue ? But I will not upgrade it :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - capacitor, damage, Water