Was FCE Ultra GX always so slow?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Clydefrosch, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Clydefrosch
    OP

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I've just started up FCE Ultra, the NES emulator, for the first time in ages (as i have almost all my NES games on VC anyway I rarely used it) and I threw in Mario Bros. And then I realized how badly it was running.

I mean, it was just somewhere below fullspeed, it wasnt running in slowmotion. but it was pretty much unplayable anyway, the scrolling stuttered and there seemed to be some input lag.
    I tried the megaman games and it felt similarily weird, but not as bad due to megaman being a slow guy anyway.

was this always this bad? I feel like I played some games on it in the past and it didnt feel that weird.
    maybe i or my brothers changed a setting somewhere? If it should usually run flawless, would anyone know what options would usually cause it to perform worse?

2. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    Somewhere close to my NES
    Maybe you're using an outdated version, current version (3.3.4) runs fine on my Wii, they fixed the input lag in GC controllers. Try with a fresh download to revert any wrong setting.

http://code.google.com/p/fceugc/downloads/list