Hardware Warped on bent dock

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen several posts in other forums about it. Seems Nintendo has sent out replacements to some people and told others to exchange the Switch at the retailer. May be why they dock is OOS on the Nintendo Store.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both the docks I have are ever so slightly bent. I don't understand something though. If it's only closer on the top, how are the bottom of switches getting scratched? Shouldn't it be the top of the display getting rubbed and scratched? And the smudges I am getting are just that, smudges. I've seen pictures of deep gouges, I do not see how those were created by the dock.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both the docks I have are ever so slightly bent. I don't understand something though. If it's only closer on the top, how are the bottom of switches getting scratched? Shouldn't it be the top of the display getting rubbed and scratched? And the smudges I am getting are just that, smudges. I've seen pictures of deep gouges, I do not see how those were created by the dock.
Some may be more warped than others. If it is warped at the top then as you slide it in it would make contact with the tablet starting at the bottom all the way up.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a new console with a new concept and it was just launched a few days ago. While we do need to cut Nintendo some slack, yeah. They can TOTALLY do better. The concept is great, but needs some work.

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm my dock's front is slightly bent as well.
Mine is as well. Not sure if there is supposed to be a slight curve by design or not. I have a amFilm glass protector on it and there are not any scratches on the glass as there shouldnt be because glass is harder than plastic.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Both of mine are curved... No scratches yet here. Anyone with scratches could you post a pic of your dock please?

20170309_110423.jpg

hexcode99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dock is bent too. But no scratches because I applied a screen protector before inserting the Switch. Will Nintendo replace dock free of charge?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dock should have a small curve to it.

@Mr.Wizard
From your pic the right one is ok but the left is a bit more.

I do wonder tho, it the bent dock could of been due to packing and shipping the units.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dock should have a small curve to it.

@Mr.Wizard
From your pic the right one is ok but the left is a bit more.

I do wonder tho, it the bent dock could of been due to packing and shipping the units.

Why should it have a curve to it? It seems to me like it shouldn't considering there is no rubber pad at the top only on the bottom. I could be wrong. I haven't seen a dock yet that wasn't bent lol.

I don't see how it could be due to packaging or shipping I've tried to bend it back but it seems like it was molded that way either in manufacturing or post manufacturing due to some heat source. Maybe if i stick it in the oven for a bit I could prop something in between while it cools down and reform it.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
The people with the bent docks are your switches actually touching the dock as you slide it in maybe a video could clarify this

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The people with the bent docks are your switches actually touching the dock as you slide it in maybe a video could clarify this

I've noticed on mine there is an ever so small crack of space between the top of the rail and the screen.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs