WARNING: Sony fanboy spotted

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
It makes my head explode when I see the sheer amount of fanboyism in this thread.

You're all basically putting down Sony and praising Nintendo.
Do you know what many people here probably like more?

IMO, I like them both.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Made me think of a CoD fanboy on my school:
"Black Ops is the best game ever, maybe not in graphics, but it is in gameplay".

Seriously though, fanboys. Fanboys everywhere.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BloodyFlame said:
So, at my school, we have a Sony fanboy. He thinks that DS's are gay and anyone who has one is, also. He has a PSP and always talks about how the graphics are superior to everything. Back when both the NGP and 3DS were announced, he said that NGP is better, even though he is clueless to the specs. I also told him about the rear touchpad and said that it was awesome. He also says that the DS had a ton of revisions, and when I brought up the multiple PSP revisions, he said that it actually improved more stuff.

More on this later as I have to go somewhere.

Well, technically it did. It fixed the screen issue and ghosting, and drastically cut down on the bulk, the speakers were in better places...

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omatic said:
Someone like this doesn't deserve acknowledgement, online or off.

Well, this IS a blog section.

ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE(BloodyFlame @ Apr 23 2011, 11:43 AM) So, at my school, we have a Sony fanboy. He thinks that DS's are gay and anyone who has one is, also. He has a PSP and always talks about how the graphics are superior to everything. Back when both the NGP and 3DS were announced, he said that NGP is better, even though he is clueless to the specs. I also told him about the rear touchpad and said that it was awesome. He also says that the DS had a ton of revisions, and when I brought up the multiple PSP revisions, he said that it actually improved more stuff.

Well, technically it did. It fixed the screen issue and ghosting, and drastically cut down on the bulk, the speakers were in better places...

I wasn't clear on that, oops. He said that the DS revisions were all the same thing and that apparently, the PSP 3k had better graphics. He denies everything I say, such as the DS selling better than the PSP. And he tells ME to get my facts right.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BloodyFlame said:
omatic said:
Someone like this doesn't deserve acknowledgement, online or off.

Well, this IS a blog section.

ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE(BloodyFlame @ Apr 23 2011, 11:43 AM) So, at my school, we have a Sony fanboy. He thinks that DS's are gay and anyone who has one is, also. He has a PSP and always talks about how the graphics are superior to everything. Back when both the NGP and 3DS were announced, he said that NGP is better, even though he is clueless to the specs. I also told him about the rear touchpad and said that it was awesome. He also says that the DS had a ton of revisions, and when I brought up the multiple PSP revisions, he said that it actually improved more stuff.

I wasn't clear on that, oops. He said that the DS revisions were all the same thing and that apparently, the PSP 3k had better graphics. He denies everything I say, such as the DS selling better than the PSP. And he tells ME to get my facts right.

Well then SHOW him the facts. That's the best way to shut somebody up.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how saying graphics don't make a game = Nintendo Fanboy btw.

And I'm sure there fanboys that don't know they are fanboys or just don't want to admit it.
laugh.gif

There is a difference between fanboys (who favor a company more) and loyal brand fanboys (that don't want to give the other companies a chance.)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell him he's only entitled to an opinion if he gets his facts straight and that he needs to do research on both consoles. And even afterwards tell him his opinion doesn't count because of his radical loyalty has warped his views.

Or leave him alone. It all depends on personal preference.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Feh. What a 'tard.

I got all 4 current gen consoles (I include PC, if it's specs are that of a respectable level. Which mine is), a DSi, 3DS, PSP, and more.

Wii: Great console, a lot of pick up 'n play.
360: Good all arounder, nice online, have to pay more though.
PS3: HUGE emphasis on shooters, tries to aim for the hardcore crowd, online is full of [censored]s.
PC (+Steam): Great community, open source, free online, mix of everything.

DS: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of shovelware sadly, a lot of gold games, plenty of pick up 'n play.
PSP (Virgin): Absolutely balls, games are mediocre, has some gold.
PSP (CFW): Epic system in terms of homebrew, can run many emulators, community keeps it strong.

3DS: The beginning of a new era.

I've got no side to take, because I have access to all the sides.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screw it just tell him how much the PSP Go failed :0 that should shut him up .If then after telling him this he tries defending it,grab something hard possible a book and throw it at him
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys do realize that A LOT of games nowadays that look good are also great games?

Fuck, it's like everyone thinks if a game looks like it was made in this day and age that it's shitty. That's not the case a lot of the time. Bad games usually get shitty graphics. Great games usually get great graphics.

The same goes for even older games. They look shitty nowadays bad great games back then had great graphics for the time and for the system.

So this parallel of "graphics don't make a good game" is often pretty stupid, since great games often feature great graphics for the time and for the system.

And yeah, the Go did belly flop pretty hard, but it'll probably live on for hacked PSP users. It's literally a device that seems made for piracy. No UMD drive means less bulk. Smaller build means more portability. 16GB internal storage means more games to hold. Cheaper expandable storage (memory stick micros I find are a lot cheaper than older memory sticks) means even more cheap memory for games. It's like a pirate's dream.

EDIT: And most people who say the PSP has a bad library just have shit taste in games and won't dig deep enough into the library. The DS definitely has more quantity but I'd say some PSP games definitely have more quality. I tell my friends this: for every 5 "good" DS games, there's a "great" PSP game. I find there's a lot of "good" DS games, which isn't a bad thing (at times, I prefer quantity over quality), but the PSP I'd say has more "great" games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1