Warning for NDSGBA users.

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by pocchama1996, Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011
  1. pocchama1996
    OP

Member pocchama1996 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was playing Mother 3 translation using NDSGBA. I go to make a save state and it works then I go to the frog ingame and make another, it fails, i save at frog and exit to supercard menu to have it make a sav file. it freezes for 5 minutes i waited hoping it would move on but no.
    I go to restart my supercard and get the black screen with white text i take it out blow into the ds and do some other thigs i usually have to do to get it to work after one of these errors. it still doesnt work so i put the car into my computer only to see one folder named "n26545363" with nothing in it.
    I have to format my card and lose 8gb worth of games and hundreds of save files.

thats the last time I use NDSGBA on my main card.

tl;dr It bugged out ruined my card and I had to format everything.

2. BloodyFlame

Member BloodyFlame GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Not to kick you while you're down, but this is why you back things up.

3. pocchama1996
    OP

Member pocchama1996 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I now know that.

4. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hate to break it to you but there is a very rare chance that playing a regular nds game and having it freeze during a save can cause real strange corruption on the sd card. Cause I have had it happen with a regular nds game befor. I don't recall what game froze on a save and corrupted the data. But it can happen. So now I save a backup every day I play any game on it.

5. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    o.0 The problem isn't specific to NDSGBA...it's just when writing to the microSD in general...if it fucks up during that time, your microSD gets corrupted...period. It can happen to all flashcarts...it can happen to pretty much all electronic memory...just your luck.

6. Recorderdude

Member Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

United States
    Yep.

One time I was running NESDS on a M3 PERFECT SLOT2 that I had filled for years and hadn't ever backed up. Loaded a ton of roms, one of them crahed and My card deleted all my saves (including phoenix wright [​IMG]) and gave random shit folders too. Was it NESDS's fault? Hell no.

I back up my card at least once a week now.