Warning- DO NOT USE 3dsgamerworld

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Drajek, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Drajek
    OP

Drajek Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    I ordered from 3dsgamerworld last friday and yesterday I checked my account balance and noticed they overcharged me and I sent an email asking why. Here is the response.

I never once saw or agreed to paying additional costs other than what I agreed to which is 24.50 plus shipping 4.50. Not a cent more. DO NOT use them.

2. cornerpath

cornerpath GBAtemp Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    Jackson, Ms

How much more did they charge

3. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I don't know how it is in the US, but here most of oversea payments generate an extra fee, but it's from and for the bank, not for the reseller. What kind of payment method did you use ? PayPal with credit card ? PayPal linked to your bank account ? International wire (from your bank) ?

4. Drajek
    OP

Drajek Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    United States

Granted its only 84 cents but that's not the agreed price. They overcharged someone else 4 dollars at one point.

5. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    Well, they should have told you before you bought it that there might be some overcharges, but I would check their policies before anything. Maybe it was written somewhere and you didn't pay attention. If not, you should be able to complain

6. Drajek
    OP

Drajek Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    United States

It showed they are shipping from California and it was with a credit card. If they need to generate a fee then it should be included in the said price. That's why I paid for shipping (4.50)

7. Drajek
    OP

Drajek Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Does not state additional fees.

8. Drajek
    OP

Drajek Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Sorry for double post.

9. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel
    You're buying something illegal for illegal purposes. Complain to them if you want but don't expect them to care. Bank fees are not unheard of.

10. Drajek
    OP

Drajek Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    then it should be included in the price.

11. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I can't find any mention of those fees on the site, but like Thesolcity said, you're breaking the law, so you can complain, but if they don't want to refund you 50 cents, well, you'll have to actually admit that you were buying illegal stuff :D But hey, it's only 50 cents, and international wires additional fees are actually charged by banks, so they didn't even get the money...

12. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    Those transaction fees are charged by the banks. The 84 cents won't have ended up in 3dsgamerworld's pocket. It makes no difference where the item is shipped from. I got charged 37p on top of my last order from them, but 3dsgamerworld didn't pocket the extra charge.

13. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    Its standard procedure for modchip/flashcart sellers to use international payment processors.

9/10 it results in additional fees (usually just chump change under a dollar).

I can understand you being upset because they didnt clearly state it. However it comes with the territory, these are generally considered "grey market" items. Legal in certain countries and not so much in others. One of the ways that sellers avoid financial blockades is by using various international processors.

If you're confident your purchase was lawful in you country, you can dispute the additional fee with your bank/card issuer, since they didnt state you may incur extra charges. However at the end of the day, its only 84 cents, is it really worth all that hassle for less than a dollar?