Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We ordered 9 items from DealExtreme and paid for EMS shipping to get them faster. None of these items would be considered illegal in America. We only received 6 of the ordered items and they took just as long (if not longer) than it did when we made an order with airmail.

After a month went by and we still didn't receive the remaining 3 items, we opened a support ticket informing them of the issue. A couple days later, they said they would send out replacements, it was a WEEK later before they said they actually shipped it. They shipped the replacements airmail, even though we originally paid for EMS shipping.
dry.gif

Well, it's been nearly a month and we STILL haven't received those 3 remaining items.
huh.gif

We recommend that anyone who orders from DealExtreme only order one item per order to guarantee that you get it.....or at least you can be sure to get reimbursement from PayPal if you never receive your order.

I just thought I'd put this warning up here because DealExtreme was recommended to me by members of GBAtemp in the first place.

Reading on their own forums, other people have been having similar complaints.

Something seems awfully damn fishy here......
shifty.gif

Seccom Masada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DealExtreme worked great for me, but I got the shitty shipping because I didn't care too much about when I got it. I don't even remember how long it took for my R4 to get to me.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3 items were MP3 players with built-in FM transmitters.

I'm not saying not to order from them, just that you should be careful when ordering multiple items. They have NEVER shipped us all the items we ordered in one order. It always ends up being more than one shipment. You will get this little note with your partial shipment saying that not all items shipped and that the remaining items will be shipped at a later date. In this case, we NEVER received the remaining 3 items.

All previous orders we've made to them took 2.5-3 weeks to arrive.

We're giving them one more week and then we're gonna report them to PayPal.

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
The 3 items were MP3 players with built-in FM transmitters.

I'm not saying not to order from them, just that you should be careful when ordering multiple items. They have NEVER shipped us all the items we ordered in one order. It always ends up being more than one shipment. You will get this little note with your partial shipment saying that not all items shipped and that the remaining items will be shipped at a later date. In this case, we NEVER received the remaining 3 items.

All previous orders we've made to them took 2.5-3 weeks to arrive.

We're giving them one more week and then we're gonna report them to PayPal.

Oh so you're the one who's been spamming the DX forums?
dry.gif

I love DX and I have no issues with them whatsoever.
Even more, I'll probably be helping them out with remote support.
Give them some time, sheesh. I know what it's like with supply and demand and whatnot.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it takes a while for items to get here, but personally I am very happy with their services.

I have ordered from them numerous times, it usually takes 2 to 6 weeks for items to get here.

I once ordered a GC controller from them. It was DOA, so I requested a replacement. A week later it was sent out, no questions asked. Unfortunately replacement was also DOA, so after I requested yet another replacement, I did not hear anything from them for almost a month. Sent a ticket to support and a week later another replacement was shipped out.
tongue.gif

It took 3 months to get a working GC controller, but I only blame my luck.

Rayder

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! The items finally arrived!

Funny.....they must have came yesterday, and we were home all day, but when we went to feed the stray kittens this morning they were in the door.

They called them replacements, but I think they just screwed up on their paperwork and never actually sent the items the first time.

Like I said, be careful ordering multiple items from them.

Be sure to keep the outer packaging for your order if everything didn't come in one package. That's where the invoice is and it's your only proof you have of what the actually shipped you.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You guys are scaring me. I just ordered something a few days ago. I usually forget all about the order by the time it arrives, but now I'm going to fret until it gets here. If it gets here.
unsure.gif

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, DX is reliable for certain.
They're not going to run off with your money, and if your package doesn't arrive, just open a ticket and they'll send it again!

D

Deleted User

I ordered a DS Paht shell from then. It took 3 weeks, but when I got there were no trri-wings. I then bought tri-wings, 3 weeks later I get it, they are Philips. I open a support ticket 3 weeks later I get tri-wings....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also