1. TGBoy

TGBoy GBAtemp Regular

I ordered a R4 to india. No probs for me. reached within a week.
    I was thinkin of buyin a Wiimote and Nunchuk from them. U makin me have second thoughts [​IMG]

2. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

if it takes 3 weeks to ship to the USA imagine how long it would take to ship to the UK hell no, i will never order from this website, and there is a chance i would be charged for import tax anyway.

3. xalphax

xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    never had problems with DX, and neither had my friends.

4. wiithepeople

wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
    I've only ordered one thing from DX (my r4) and it took 2.5 weeks. Some weird things happened though. DX said that it was SHIPPED from hong kong about 5 days before the Hong Kong post said so. according to the Hong Kong post, it took 8 days for actual shipping. or is that just because Hong Kong post processed it for 5 days, and DX really sent it to them 13 days before it got to me? hmmm...

5. unr

unr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It takes 2-6 weeks for packages from DX to get anywhere. I've had experiences when items arrived in couple of weeks and I had experiences when it took over a month. It's quite random. Besides, shipping is free. If you really want your chinese thingies fast, pay extra for EMS.

DX labels packages as gifts, so no taxes.

6. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    They're legitimate, but not really reliable. They'll forget items, lose items, send the wrong items.

A quick support ticket usually sorts it, although it generally means your missing items comes a bit later than you expected.

7. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member
    Former Staff

I honestly think you're missing out in that case, especially on the items that arn't required immediately.

I've used DX several times now and no order has taken more than 2 weeks to arrive (apart from when Royal Mail were on strike).

Never had to pay for any taxes either and never had any other problems with them.

8. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    They mark every item they send as a gift so you never have to pay import tax. And really considering the low prices the wait is worth it imo.

9. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Last time I looked, China was closer to the UK than the US

http://web.mit.edu/kenta/www/one/world-map.png

(As long it hasn't moved since this map was made)

10. villa_bryan

villa_bryan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I love deal extreme. I don't order things though that i can't go another month without. In fact i've been a bit addicted lately. Every week, late at night i keep clicking random stuff and ordering whatever cheap neat things i find. I don't even remember most the things I order. All I know is I spend maybe like $10 a week, and get crazy stuff in the mail every now and then.

gotta love the chinese.

11. Switchy

Switchy GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Exactly what I was thinking!

Let's just keep it simple, don't order with DX if you're in a hurry to get your package.
    It really differs all the time, first time I ordered my package took 16 days, second time 7 days, third time 9 days and my last order has only been shipped this weekend so I don't know yet [​IMG]

Anyhow, DX is getting a bit slower these days, yes, but they're working on it.
    Besides, it's not always their fault. If shipping takes a while, the problem lies with the post offices and customs.
    Now, receiving stuff you didn't order IS their fault, but they do have a service for that.

12. kreatosoupa

kreatosoupa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Well, I dunno. I live in Greece and stuff from Deal Extreme takes one week to arrive, most of the time. If it takes more than a week, I know my local post office has screwed up by not notifying me of my package. It just happened again last Friday. Two weeks had gone by, my package was there but still I wasn't informed... [​IMG]

They take a while, but they are dependable... [​IMG]

13. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Well every online store isn't perfect they make mistakes sometimes and yes most of them will lie to you if they forget to ship your items. Now if you look at the rate of happy customers to angry customers I would say deal extreme is a very safe place to throw your money at [​IMG] Thats if you are patient enough to wait on your items if not dont bother buying from them.

14. E-Vix

E-Vix Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I've also ordered a couple of times from DX and every time it only took about a week for the orders to arrive (A R4DS, EZFlash expansion and a DS Lite replacement shell).
    The replacement shell took a bit longer because it was out of stock, but when it was back in stock again (they kept me informed by mail and even offered me my money back after it wasn't in stock again after about a week) it only took 5 days to arrive.
    A friend of mine ordered a couple of things (including a new top LCD screen for me as I broke mine while replacing my shell) from DX a week ago and it should all arrive this week.

Keep in mind that you're ordering from Hong Kong and that it takes a while for your items to arrive. I've ordering things from Hong Kong for a couple of years now so I know when to order to get things over here the quickest. For instance, if I order on sunday and it gets shipped on monday, then I usually receive my orders on friday (4 days) and sometimes on saturday. But if I order on monday it will get shipped on tuesday, but the package won't arrive until tuesday the week after (7 days).
    It all depends on how often they transport to your contry, and fot the netherlands they do that twice a week.

15. Takrin

Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    prob sitting around in customs, or something, sometimes i get stuff from china in about 4 days which makes me crap my pants wondering how. and sometimes its so late i forget that i ordered stuff from china lol usually around 20-30 days bamboo gaming did that to me took so long i thought they ripped me off. ask them for a number, you can take that number to your local post office and ask the clerk to track it for you. my last package from china took 26 days where other person said they got theirs in 5. i've had divineo stuff show up in a week and other times in about 20 days, same shipping method.

16. falcon64z8

falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Guys is it me or did DealExtreme just turned into VolumeRate????
    Plus, dealextreme has been good at getting orders to me.

17. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Volumerate = DX China

Bascially, VolumeRate can sell R4s without legal pressure from the ESA Even though they shouldn't have a legal leg to stand on... bastards with their expensive legal team

18. nuhbiwan79

nuhbiwan79 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Well, the only reason why you´re writing this bullshit may be, that you don´t know that alaska is one of the US....

19. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    Because I'm sure Alaska is a great place to base generalizations for shipping to the rest of the US eh?

Also idort, did you forget about Hawaii? Or how about we base all US shipping off of where Guam is?

LOCAL PICKUP IS NOW AN OPTION FOR DX BUYERS IN THE US.

20. azotyp

azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    I ordered lots of stuff there, spend about 80 $ and and Im very happy, I choosed free shipping and they shipped everything into Poland in 9 days.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - DealExtreme, WARNING, Buying