Hacking WARNING BRICK HAZARD USB LOADING

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
psnider85 said:
There is nothing wrong. Bricking only exists if you do something silly. Everything works on my end.

You are wrong. read the topic.

Start M&S PAL from your usb loader and exit via the Home button. good luck. I'm not lying.
It can screw up you System menu ios. or at least ios 60 ( SM 4.0-4.1E )

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I had a way to record a video I would.

I am running SM 4.3 using IOS80.

Post your IOS info.

I even tried it on an emulated 4.2 and 4.3 nand. Both work and no corruption.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
psnider85 said:
If I had a way to record a video I would.

I am running SM 4.3 using IOS80.

Post your IOS info.

I even tried it on an emulated 4.2 and 4.3 nand. Both work and no corruption.

It might be related to Ios 60. ( SM 4.1 )
I can fix it , no problem. But for some people without protection this could be disasterous.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
psnider85 said:
Any reason why you don't want to update to 4.2 or 4.3?

Never said that, but FYI sm 4.2 and 4.3 do not have any advatages over 4.1. they just add Piracy block atttempts from Ninty.
There's no real reason to be on SM above 4.1. It's the recommended SM.

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no recommended SM.

I know that there are no advantages, but it looks like there is in this case. The SM IOS in 4.2 and 4.3 use IOS80. Piracy checks have been long gone since you can patch the NUSD before applying a new SM version.

You can complain that a game bricks. But it is most likely that the game came with a 4.2 or 4.3 update (I'm not sure if it did though), and it probably runs over IOS60 to check for trucha bugs or any kind of patching.

I just had an idea. Does you IOS60 have nand access patch enabled?

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
psnider85 said:
There is no recommended SM.

I know that there are no advantages, but it looks like there is in this case. The SM IOS in 4.2 and 4.3 use IOS80. Piracy checks have been long gone since you can patch the NUSD before applying a new SM version.

You can complain that a game bricks. But it is most likely that the game came with a 4.2 or 4.3 update (I'm not sure if it did though), and it probably runs over IOS60 to check for trucha bugs or any kind of patching.

I just had an idea. Does you IOS60 have nand access patch enabled?

Ah you beat me to it!

I think it has to do with the NAND permissions also.
Ios 60 is fully patched.

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you post a syscheck log here if possible. You can do one using Dop-Mii. Don't use the WiiBrew edition though.

You can also try removing IOS60 using a patched IOS36, and install it again with no patches. You can probably get away with ES_I patching but that's about it.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's the safety patch ios that comes with Modmii.
It's used in case of an update or dowgrade.

I'll try a clean IOS 60.

EDIT: No did'nt help. Still corruption.
This is a REAL problem.

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, what I want you to try is download IOS80 wad, inject it into the IOS60 wad, with no patches, and see if it bricks. So you have a spoofed IOS60 running IOS80 from SM 4.2/4.3.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the idea you're over panicking, Hielkenator. So far there are 2 incidents on 2 different games. The circumstances may be similar, but you make it sound like we're all in danger.

From what I gather from the other thread, IOS60 tends to corrupt in some games. That alone limits the danger, as this IOS only serves as the system menu in firmwares 4.0 and 4.1.

Second: I checked the release dates. Mario & Sonic shipped in October 2009, Naruto Shippuden Ninja Revolution 3 (the other mentioned game) in November. In both cases, it's some weeks after the release of firmware 4.2. This makes it likely that they ship with 4.2 on the disk.

...and the 4.2 update stubs IOS60 (and installs both IOS70 and a system menu that uses IOS70). This may not sound important, but it can mean that the game itself is at fault as well (after all: both the developers and the majority of the users won't be using IOS60 to begin with).

Third...this may sound harsh, but should we really be concerned about people who softmod without protection? This sort of brick isn't much harder to deal with than a bannerbrick...all you need to solve it is a way to get into the HBC (both bootmii and priiloader offer that option).

I'm a bit curious about the results from psnider85's request as well. But honestly: at the worst, I think it'll become time where we'll advise ppl to stay away from 4.0/4.1.

psnider85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Wever for confirming everything.

I was going to say that Hielkenator was over-reacting but I thought I wouldn't go down that road, just incase I get a warning.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I like to turn this around by saying that i see no reason anymore why not to go to 4.2 /4.3, there are loads of excellent tuts on how to upgrade, and, as Wever mentioned before, some games are going to want newer SM IOSes.

And there is maybe 1 advantage in 4.3, 3DS support, but i don't know if it is going to be used much.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Etheboss said:
And there is maybe 1 advantage in 4.3, 3DS support, but i don't know if it is going to be used much.
ohmy.gif

Erm...you sure you don't accidentally meant "USB2" support?
(if not, I'd sure like a link with source
smile.gif
)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is what i read on a few forums when 4.3 came out...

To be more exact, 4.3 supports interaction with the 3DS...i don't know if it is because of the USB2 support.

It was a long time ago since i read it (at least it feels that way). If you really want links, i'll have to look them up.

hrth.gif
YEAH, MY 200th POST!!!
hrth.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think it will brick something, I'm sure that you have too much installed, this message is normal then. I also had problems with this message, I removed every unneeded thing from the NAND and now I don't get the message anymore. Oh, and I'm on 4.1E with patched IOS60.

Hielkenator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No I have 900 blocks free.
Also it only happens to this specific game.
I'll try to post a video later.

If you don't have protection you won't be able to fix this....
Maybe I am over reacting, but still.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1