Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ABGX360: I can still verify but it may flag it as "corrupt or wave not seen before) rather than sailing right through.

1.61: as I understand it was a leak of one of the last test versions for the drive hence no NFO/readme at first. It is still official though.

Dale 02k8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
My little brother was playing Halo online earlier (legit, we never bothered with the 360 piracy thing) and there's a message in the lobby along the lines of

'Banhammer. Anyone using hacks or exploits will be banned. We know who you are.'

Has that always been there or is that because of this new ban wave?

there talking about people who hack to win games or that sort of thing it has always been there

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Joe88 said:
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:
triassic911 said:
A question. If I get achievements offline, do they save to the harddrive? I plan on getting another 360 and attach my hdd to that one. I just need this question answered before I start playing some rpgs.
if the system is banned already then no matter what you will never get the achievements earned while playing on that system

your profile will just show up corrupted on every system but the banned one
you have to recover it but and all the achievements earned will not count

it will just restore whatever was there the last time you were on live
My profile is not banned though, it is the console. My saves are intact. I just want to do some offline gaming with some rpgs but will not do so if the achievements only record while on live.
I was talking about a system ban

once the 360 is banned, any gamertag logged in on it will corrupt if you try to move it back, so you have to recover it
so you cant earn any achievements
If that's true,
How to know if my Gamertag got corrupt without another Xbox after the ban? =/ I can't play now because the Achievements would gone if I recover! :'(

Or any trick involving Xplorer360 and/or upgrading to a 250 GB HDD that would fix the issue?

Namcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got banned yesterday, you're not safe at all, stealth patching does not automatically make you safe either...

I've been googling around a bit but can't find a good answer; is there any good way to unban your 360 and live account?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
once the 360 is banned, any gamertag logged in on it will corrupt if you try to move it back, so you have to recover it
But I just played cod4 on my friends xbox last night. I moved my gamertag with my cod4 save file and everything worked.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:
But I just played cod4 on my friends xbox last night. I moved my gamertag with my cod4 save file and everything worked.
So! This means not everyone's Gamertag profile gets corrupt?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
so i was playing s4 the other day then suddenly got disconnected while playing live, but then went to ingame main menu then went back in live match. I havent played since so does that mean when i go on live i will be banned? how long is the wave going for?

PS: i havent played any new games since sf4

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
ganons said:
so i was playing s4 the other day then suddenly got disconnected while playing live, but then went to ingame main menu then went back in live match. I havent played since so does that mean when i go on live i will be banned? how long is the wave going for?

PS: i havent played any new games since sf4
Yes, don't go back to Live!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Namcom said:
I got banned yesterday, you're not safe at all, stealth patching does not automatically make you safe either...

I've been googling around a bit but can't find a good answer; is there any good way to unban your 360 and live account?
You can't unban yourself. Once you get banned, either you do a gutswap or you buy a new 360 in entirety.

Namcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Namcom said:

You can't unban yourself. Once you get banned, either you do a gutswap or you buy a new 360 in entirety.

Well fuck...
I'm not that much of a fan when it comes to playing online, but it's still a sad loss...
But at least I still can download games
smile.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Namcom said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Namcom said:

Well fuck...
I'm not that much of a fan when it comes to playing online, but it's still a sad loss...
But at least I still can download games
smile.gif
I just may keep my 360 banned and play the single player games on it. And play the multiplayer games on my PS3. I never bothered with online anyway and it seems most people are migrating to the PS3 since they got their 360 banned. Microsoft may have just helped out Sony this time lol.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK everyone, I was just banned..to call me overly protective doesn't even describe what I was..I was damn near paranoid yet I still got banned. I tested every game before burning, sometimes 3 times, I would play the game days AFTER it was released, and I NEVER Played games online, never..I didnt even think XBOX knew I even exist, well, today I checked, apparently they knew I existed LOL..but really, I can care less, I never played games online anyway, so now my question, I am on firmware 1.51..can I play wave 4 games now..since I am banned, I dont care anymore about being banned anymore..can I play wave 4 games or do I have to do something in order to play them since I am on 1.51

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got banned an hour ago. At first it would only boot me off live when I started a game. Then the full ban kicked in. Couldn't sign in period. Picked up a new 360 this morning at walmart with that giftcard deal they were doing. I was expecting to get banned, even though I was very careful with my backups.

I will probably sell my 360 because of the gamesave and achievement/profile corruption. Just have to decide ebay or gamestop.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
This is kind of an off-topic question, but what exactly is the point of gutswapping? Wouldn't it be much easier to just remove the white casing and swap those instead? Hell, you could probably just put your old 360 in the box of the new one and return it just like that. Do you really think WalMart is gonna take the 360 apart to check if everything is as it should be? The only way I see this not working is if your 360 is really scratched up or something... in which case, as I said earlier, you could just swap the cases. I don't see the point in going the whole 9 yards and swapping the innards.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
This is kind of an off-topic question, but what exactly is the point of gutswapping? Wouldn't it be much easier to just remove the white casing and swap those instead? Hell, you could probably just put your old 360 in the box of the new one and return it just like that. Do you really think WalMart is gonna take the 360 apart to check if everything is as it should be? The only way I see this not working is if your 360 is really scratched up or something... in which case, as I said earlier, you could just swap the cases. I don't see the point in going the whole 9 yards and swapping the innards.
Uh...if you swap the case, it's the same as swapping the insides.

A glass half full is also half empty.

pesaroso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From xbox-scene.com:

>> Kushan wrote a nice little article on #FW@EFnet summarizing all kinda info we have about the current (still ongoing) Console Live Ban Wave:
QUOTE said:
- What does this mean for you and what can you do about it?
Firstly, and most obviously, you cannot connect to Xbox Live on this console any more. This means no more game updates (aka title updates), XBLA games, marketplace content, netflix/sky player and so on. There is no way around this, all online capabilities are now disabled PERMANENTLY.

In all likelihood, your gamertag has NOT BEEN BANNED. When your gamertag gets banned, Microsoft sends you an email detailing why, if you have not recieved this email then your profile should be ok, to a certain extent.

Hard Drive installs are now disabled on the banned console. This means any disk-based games you have will no longer play off of the hard drive. If you attempt to play a game, it will tell you that it was installed on a different 360 and needs to be deleted/installed again. When you delete the game and attempt to install it, you are given a message telling you that it is not supported. There is no way to fix this, that functionality is simply gone from the banned 360.

The hard drive itself is left untouched - you can place it in another 360, even an unbanned one, and it will still work just fine. You do NOT need to reformat it to regain any kind of functionality. Any installed games will need to be reinstalled for the console you want to play them on. This is normal behaviour and happens when swapping HDDs on unbanned/legit 360's.

Windows Media Centre functionality is disabled. It is still possible to stream video/music content via the video library.

Your Gamertag may be corrupted. This does not mean your gamertag has been banned, you can recover it using any live-capable 360, however ANY ACHIVEMENTS YOU HAVE EARNED SINCE BEING BANNED WILL BE LOST. Your gamertag will be corrupted EVERY SINGLE TIME it is used on a banned console. This means you cannot use your banned console to play backups offline just to get achievements - it wont work, the second you put your profile back on a good 360, it will be corrupted and all progress lost. There is no way around this.

The same applies to game saves - if you access a game save on a banned 360, it too will be corrupted when accessed on a legit/unbanned 360! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! There is no way around this, either.

Your XBLA games and DLC will still be valid, however to play them on a different 360 you will need to be signed into Xbox Live. This is normal behaviour on unbanned/legit 360's as well. They may be corrupted and have to be re-downloaded if you attempt to access them on a banned 360. You can transfer all of your downloaded content to a new 360 here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...ion/default.htm however note that you can only do it once every 12 months.

So, in summary:
Your Banned 360:
* Cannot go on Xbox Live
* Cannot install games to the HDD
* Cannot use Windows Media Centre extender
* Cannot be used to get achievements from backups without corrupting your profile

You cannot do anything about this, short of buying a new 360.

There may be more functionality disabled than mentioned here, things are still being discovered.

- So what caused my ban?
There are MANY theories as to what is causing so many consoles to get banned this time, however as of yet there is nothing concrete, just a lot of circumstantial evidence and speculation. Please do not add to this, a full investigation is under-way.

c4eva, the main guy behind iXtreme, had this to say:
fw itself not detectable
suspect they are going hard on warez releases and incorrect use of abgx!

He also added the following:
just to let you know that im looking into the current ban wave. I am currently running several brand new xboxs on live! These xboxs are in various configs. All are running ixtreme 1.61
One is running original discs, another is running on xbl (no discs) , another is running a backup from my region!
until tests are completed, no eta on liteon fw!

When we know more, YOU'LL no more, so please do not ask for updates!
A full transcript is available here - http://pastebin.ca/1660777

Remember, if you really want to blame someone, blame the person that decided to modify your 360 in the first place - most likey, that would be you ;
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...!

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
martin88 said:
War said:
Uh...if you swap the case, it's the same as swapping the insides.

A glass half full is also half empty.
The point of switching the innards is because you can't return a 360 with a different serial to the store. So you have to keep your case and the case with the correct serial has to be returned to the store. That way you will have an unbanned console. But that's fraud...so probably not a good idea.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
l Red l said:
The point of switching the innards is because you can't return a 360 with a different serial to the store. So you have to keep your case and the case with the correct serial has to be returned to the store. That way you will have an unbanned console. But that's fraud...so probably not a good idea.
I understand that.

What I'm saying is there is no difference between swapping case, and swapping innards. In both cases you end up with an old 360 in new case, and a new 360 in old case. Of course you would return the old 360 in new case if you're doing the fraud.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Joe88 said:

theres something wrong then or the 360 wasnt banned

any save you loaded and saved too will corrupt
any profile you sign into will corrupt

if you do not sign into an account and have not touched any saved games it will not affect it

MS went even as far to corrupt any themes you are using

QUOTE(SkankyYankee @ Nov 7 2009, 05:46 PM)
so now that our 360s are banned can we now play copies unverified on the banned box or is there a chance they can ban the tag as well?
nope
since you have to recover the tag to get it back
it wont show any game you played on the banned system
you might aw well make a random GT on the banned system and play games since it doesnt matter
your just going through more trouble moving the gamertag, and recovering it and settings everything back up again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp