Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Base

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait...So If I get banned. Will I still be able to play games offline and be able to save and load saves like usual?

Like still be able to play games offline perfectly?

I don't really care if I can't transfer saves or can't go online.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Base said:
Wait...So If I get banned. Will I still be able to play games offline and be able to save and load saves like usual?

Like still be able to play games offline perfectly?

I don't really care if I can't transfer saves or can't go online.

yes

C

CasperH

[/quote]
they banned a ton of people playing forza 3 early (gamertag ban)
[/quote]
Weird, I remember seeing a tweet or something like that.
I think you can get unbanned if you call and tell them you bought it earlier.

Dale 02k8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a 1.6 Lite-on drive and got modern wartfare 2 early and the "active disk" for 1.5 to play COD6 it is a gr8 game(snowmobile level is awesome) and was wondering can it tell if i played it offlinge early without connecting to xbl till the 11th? and is the activeate disk xbox live safe?

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dale 02k8 said:
i have a 1.6 Lite-on drive and got modern wartfare 2 early and the "active disk" for 1.5 to play COD6 it is a gr8 game(snowmobile level is awesome) and was wondering can it tell if i played it offlinge early without connecting to xbl till the 11th? and is the activeate disk xbox live safe?

Using the activate disc you effectively disable all stealth-checks so you don't know if your copy of cod6 was 'legit'. about playing offline, my biosbattery (is this even in an xbox? well something that should remember the time is borked anyway) seems borked in that my xbox doesn't remember the system time so i play all my games in 2005. Would be a nasty way to get banned, having a half-broken xbox being the cause of it...

Only way to get the xbox at the right time automatically is to hook it up to live, but with all the signing-trouble, i'll stay away and wait for some nice homebrew since i have a pre-summer kernel. Homebrew>Live.. Definately. Check the Wii-scene, where various emulators, freeware and useful programs are available now.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
henkp said:
Homebrew>Live.. Definately. Check the Wii-scene, where various emulators, freeware and useful programs are available now.
Wait what?!?
I didn't know of this. Thanks!

Wait, I can't find anything. This site is all wii stuff.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xxRAG3 said:
henkp said:
Homebrew>Live.. Definately. Check the Wii-scene, where various emulators, freeware and useful programs are available now.
Wait what?!?

No. He is saying that he is not playing online (and probably doesn't care if he gets banned) as there are opssible homebrew exploits that would allow for emulators and the like.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
xxRAG3 said:
henkp said:
Wait what?!?

No. He is saying that he is not playing online (and probably doesn't care if he gets banned) as there are opssible homebrew exploits that would allow for emulators and the like.
Yeah...and I am saying, where is the homebrew...
hurrdurr

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xxRAG3 said:
Edgedancer said:
xxRAG3 said:
henkp said:
Wait what?!?

Yeah...and I am saying, where is the homebrew...
hurrdurr
Due to the fact that the hack is still in its infancy, there are not a huge amount. Go to Filetrip to find a couple of emulators that are very outdated and make use of an old hack.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CasperH said:
QUOTE said:
they banned a ton of people playing forza 3 early (gamertag ban)
Weird, I remember seeing a tweet or something like that.
I think you can get unbanned if you call and tell them you bought it earlier.
Yeah you can. But you have to provide proof that you really did buy the game. Which means either a picture or some other evidence so I hear.

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vincent Valentine said:
well even though i have a flashed Xbox i dnt have any ripped games ^^' never played one on there either, i should be safe right?

- VV

Well, unless you have flashed it yourself it is more than likely the person who flashed your xbox verified the success of his work with a backup. I know I always do!

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dale 02k8 said:
sorry im not sure you have answered my question?
Yes, that guy answered your question

download an activate.iso and run it before playing COD6. However, I don't think it has any use since you already played 'gr8 game'

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dale 02k8 said:
sorry im not sure you have answered my question?

Hmm, reread it and kinda went up in my own story i guess
smile.gif

MS can't see if you played early if your xbox was not hooked up to the internet at that moment, Since as long as you're not hooked up, you can set your own system time.
It is unknown whether MS can see your disc was a backup, because you don't know if it stealthed correctly. You don't know that, since you used the activate.iso (which is required when a game does not pass the (as of wave 4 insufficient) stealth-checks and thus does not boot because of that). Check the COD6-disc with abgx when wave4 is implemented in that and you'll know the truth. I don't know about the effects/logs of booting the actual activate.iso...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up