Wanting to get started

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Thee_BaBs, May 28, 2016.

1. Thee_BaBs
    OP

Thee_BaBs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    I currently have no ps vita and want one, however I don't really care about ps vita games and just want to be able to play ps1 and Psp iso's / homebrew. After reading the noob guide by Voxel Studios it seems like I need one on version 3.5.1 or lower. I am curious as to what I need to buy along with the vita (memory card, USB cable, etc) and where the best place to purchase one on an exploitable fw.

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    if you really don't care about vita and want to save some money, make your life much easier, have cheaper/better storage - just buy a psp...

or, why do you want a vita?

3. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Better off just getting a psp 2000, 3000, or a psp go if all you care about is ps1 and psp games. Much easier to setup and deal with. Plus more memory card space to work with.

Last edited by cvskid, May 28, 2016
    cearp likes this.
  4. Thee_BaBs
    OP

Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    I dislike the psp's analogue stick/ d-pad I also pefer the vitas screen and there is like 3 vita games I do care about.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

5. Crazc

Crazc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    United States
    Dude the PSP control stick feels great to me, but everyone has their opinions. You could always mod a PSP3000 to have a stick more similar to a PS Vita's :P

6. Thee_BaBs
    OP

Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    you do make a compelling case with the memory card the vitas are ridiculously expensive.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I may look into that as a possibility.