Hacking Want to update 8.1 O3DS to 9.2, Not sure how to proceed. PRO NEEDED HERE!

androgynus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok people so here is the thing this time;

I've got an O3ds XL on 8.1 US that i want to upgrade to 9.2 (for obvious cooldboot reason). I already did setup that console with the old 2.5 RXtools but never bothered to check for update and such. Now that i did my N3ds about a month ago with Sysupdater, i find it quite convenient to have the coldboot into CFW option. I looked around on some other thread ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-upgrade-your-old3ds-from-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20.389187/ ) that were saying to install sysupdater directly to sysnand.

Is this possible to update from sysupdater directly from homebrew launcher, as i had to do with the N3ds to downgrade? Is updating the Sysnand will affect my emunand in some sort (Need to redo emunand), or even cause a brick ?

Thanks people.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
safest way is to install rxtools, inject fbi to sysnand, install sysupdater to sysnand, and update to 9.2 in pasta mode.

there's more risk using sysupdater from HBL, but it's more convenient. up to you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proceed to this guide and follow the instructions under the subheading How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2. Make sure you follow the instructions very carefully, or you might brick your 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Maybe