Hacking Want to order a R4DS!!!!!!!!!!

james2008

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though R4DS is low stcok everything, i still need to purchase 1 R4 as a gift, sb give me a wonderful site. Thks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Order a CycloDS Evolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or even a TTDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R4s are out of stock everywhere while the competition is cheaper and has more features!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check the GBAtemp reviews, they are very insightful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buddy, you r right..R4 is out of stock at many sites,

but i found one good site last week, they hv R4 full in stock, and their price is lower than others.

in my opinion , i recommend you to buy a M3 real. accroding to the multifunction, i prefer M3 ,

coz it can bring you more funs when you play games

[site links removed]

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Most of the retailers that claim to still have an R4 in stock are shady at best.

The OP seems insistent on an R4 though so maybe there's a good reason, like he broke a friend's R4 and needs a simpson's style cover-up.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would love to order the R4 from [site] but i just dont trust that site.
how can they have full stock when the rest of the world doesnt?

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lenselijer said:
I would love to order the R4 from [site] but i just dont trust that site.
how can they have full stock when the rest of the world doesnt?

There have been a few places with stock mentioned in various discussions here recently. Stock is starting to appear, but it's generally pretty expensive. It's plausible that a HK based reseller could have stock, since places in Australia have managed to get it too.

The domain is less than a month old, but that shouldn't necessarily be cause for concern.

There may be good reasons to doubt them (nobody's heard of them, recent registration of domain etc), but their claim to have stock of the R4 shouldn't be one of them because they're far from alone in that claim.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.echostore.com (if you're in the US) is reliable(if they have any). Ordered 4 from them with no problems
smile.gif

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif

I think people just search R4 and enter the topics and scream NOOOOO just for the hell of it...

Do indeed read the reviews because they are not as biased as the users will be.
The R4DS got a 9/10 but it a bit outdated otherwise it would have received a 10/10 IMO.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing everyone here can afford that lol.
1,000,000 is a fair price to pay for an R4.

ALSO:
The R4DS is a great cart but not worth what people are charging for it now. I purchased mine a while back when I got it and a 1gb msd for 40$ shipped. If you can find it for cheap by all means it isnt the best but it is a great slot 1.

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sephiroth1n6 said:
ozmodchips is kind of hating the R4,

Kind of noticed that... but to give credit where credit's due, he must be getting pretty damn sick of people asking for things that he either can't provide any time soon or can't provide at a reasonable price. I spent 8 years in retail, and have to admit that on occasion I got frustrated with peoples insistence on purchasing what I considered to be inferior products for what I considered to be invalid reasons. So, although so far the R4 has been the best match for my particular requirements out of the cards I've been able to examine, I can understand how frustrating it is to deal with people who don't really know why they want one.

I know what I want/need, and that's R4's quality and simplicity at either a price commensurate with the features or at not *too* much of a premium. That's a carefully thought out position, based on experience, and I can understand how that is different from the "I just want one 'cos that's what my friend has" mentality.

QUOTE(Sephiroth1n6 @ Apr 4 2008, 08:14 AM) not too good of a store in my opinion based on other things as well :/

Examples? You're not going to mention their wiiclip backflip, are you? I have no real problem with their actions in the forums here, and actually made a purchase with them (so far only one, large by my standards but certainly not by theirs) because they were reasonably local and I'd been reasonably happy with what I'd seen them post in forums.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just pay like a little bit more money and you can get a newer card that is faster, more advanced and has good features. R4 is just popular cuz everyone had one and was like OMG TEH R4 IZ OUT! But now, it's kinda meh...

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The R4 is a good, reliable, fast and easy-to-use card, and I would recommend it to anyone. However, it is outdated on high-end features. It does everything most people need, but will never do other things some people want. Everyone who posts bad things about the R4 needs to look back. They were the first affordable and popular Slot-1 card. Unfortunately, there have been developments that just cannot be replicated on the rigid hardware design of the R4, which is why it lacks some of the more recent features such as real-time save or Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Fat D said:
The R4 is a good, reliable, fast and easy-to-use card, and I would recommend it to anyone. However, it is outdated on high-end features. It does everything most people need, but will never do other things some people want. Everyone who posts bad things about the R4 needs to look back. They were the first affordable and popular Slot-1 card. Unfortunately, there have been developments that just cannot be replicated on the rigid hardware design of the R4, which is why it lacks some of the more recent features such as real-time save or Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Well said...should be stickied!!!
grog.gif

I love my R4('s) but if they all failed, I'd replace it with an Acekard RPG or maybe even a lame CycloDS!
blink.gif

In it's day R4 ruled supreme, but newer carts especially with SDHC have now got an edge.

Still once again R4 is awesome and always will be!!!
yaynds.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanted R4 for my cousin and a friend of mine, because they are not gamers, they don't want latest features, just an easy card like : switch on, got the list, pick the game, play.
No GBA features, no Rumble, no ram Expansion, no cheat or real time saving, no need for SDHC either

now M3real (for example) accept new things yes, but there are few more screen and options.
I wanted a R4 because it's easier for newbies and not because everyone owns it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: