Hacking Want to mod my Wii

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hiratai
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,125
  • Replies Replies 38
Ok at my grandma's she has a serial port on her PC, so I'll have it sent here and set up.

Also, that DX disclaimer just says it doesn't come with instructions but still comes with the programmer.
 
Get a free-clip if your unsure about soldering 5 wires and a PIC 12f629 and a jdm programmer of ebay & program it with YAOSM 3.2,shouldnt cost much.
 
Hiratai said:
Ok at my grandma's she has a serial port on her PC, so I'll have it sent here and set up.

Also, that DX disclaimer just says it doesn't come with instructions but still comes with the programmer.
make sure you actually have a serial cable first before you start planning. I still have to go buy one.
Ugh, it's going to cost me $17.99. The most expensive part. There must be a better way
 
Hiratai said:
killplaystation said:
make sure you actually have a serial cable first before you start planning. I still have to go buy one
What's that?
the cable used to connect from a serial port to serial port (from pc to the programmer).
you may have one from an old printer or something, to buy a new one its going to cost me $18
 
killplaystation said:
the cable used to connect from a serial port to the programmer.
you may have one from an old printer or something, to buy a new one its going to cost me $18
Do you have a picture or something to help me figure out what it is?
 
Hiratai said:
Do you have a picture or something to help me figure out what it is?
How do you know that you dont have serial ports if you dont know what a serial cable is?
R181-SERIAL-CABLE.jpg
 
killplaystation said:
Hiratai said:
Do you have a picture or something to help me figure out what it is?
How do you know that you dont have serial ports if you dont know what a serial cable is?
R181-SERIAL-CABLE.jpg
Prime tried explaining and linked to a direct image or one. So let me get this down, so far. I have a serial port on one of the computer available to me, and a serial cable. Is the DX link good to go, or is there something else I need?
 
QUOTE said:
Prime tried explaining and linked to a direct image or one. So let me get this down, so far. I have a serial port on one of the computer available to me, and a serial cable. Is the DX link good to go, or is there something else I need?
Idk, i never heard of a DX link. what is it? a chip programmer?
I think we might be on 2 different topics here
 
Hiratai said:
Ok at my grandma's she has a serial port on her PC, so I'll have it sent here and set up.

Also, that DX disclaimer just says it doesn't come with instructions but still comes with the programmer.

wat? i said it doesn't come with the programmer. it only comes with a pic in that little casing

QUOTE(Hiratai @ Jun 21 2008, 08:24 PM) http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12714

read the overview not just the product title
 
Whut? I had no idea you could get mod-chips for so cheap. I might wanna check this out when I scrape together some money. What's the features of the chip you're talking about? And how easy is programming the thing?
I might finally be able to play Brawl ^^.

EDIT:
Also, wtf is a programmer, and where can you get it?
 
look at the dealextreme site. IT comes with the freaking programmer serial chip.
Just no instructions! and its blank.
 
Why not order the PIC for $2 and build it yourself?

After you build the programmer, it'll come out to about $8 for everything... $15 if you want a Serial to USB dongle.


For $25, you'd expect a little more work than just soldering the components together.
 
Kiljaeden said:
Just grab a Free Clip from DX. $25.80. Also get a USB to Mini USB cable if you don't have one, as they don't provide one.

Download the guide from this thread and use only the programming section (right at the end). The software you'll need to download will be detailed in the guide.
http://wiinewz.com/forums/yaosm/67994-inst...eekymonkey.html

Open up the wii using the gbatemp guide.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=43534

And done.
This is what I've been looking for.

Thanks.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted