Hacking Want to install Adrenaline but NO PSN? No Problem...... Sort of

m1lesteg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue. What's strange is that it installed perfectly the first time, and I uninstalled/tried to reinstall to get the custom LiveArea working, so I have no idea what's changed in between installation attempts.

ElBionox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is indeed 661.PBP, not EBOOT.PBP, I've searched about adrenaline installer not finding 661.pbp, I found some reddit articles talking about it being a bug, I'll try the fix they posted and see if it works.

I tried the fix but still no luck, adrenaline Installer doesn't seem to find 661.PBP, everything goes well except for 661.PBP...

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The numblast game bubble should pop up after I follow all the steps in mummysboy's guide, but after turning off the Vita and then turn on to rebuild database and got to the main screen, the bubble isn't there, that's one of the first step I have to worry about, then there's this 661.pbp not found error, it's not working for me. By the way, my vita isn't activated, could that be the cause for the bubble not showing up? If all else fails, I think I am gonna reformat my system and start from scratch just like mummysboy, see if it works.

Last edited by Vitaminer,

shadowmere93

Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP game bubble didn't appear for me (The one from this guide). I ended up activating my Vita with the PS3 method and QCMA. (You connect the VITA to PC with QCMA, unplug the vita USB cable from the PC and plug it into the PS3. Transfer the PSP game from PS3 to Vita)

I doubt this method works, but anyway, the 661.PBP not found is a bug. When you launch your PSP game that you installed Adrenaline to, it will find that file and install the PSP firmware files.

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Tagging this for later on, have a 64gb mem stick in the post and not sure if I'll need to jump through hoops to get it to work... might go with the lazy bastard method of trying to clone my 16GB mem card onto the 64gb one and see if it works.

m1lesteg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP game bubble didn't appear for me (The one from this guide). I ended up activating my Vita with the PS3 method and QCMA. (You connect the VITA to PC with QCMA, unplug the vita USB cable from the PC and plug it into the PS3. Transfer the PSP game from PS3 to Vita)

I doubt this method works, but anyway, the 661.PBP not found is a bug. When you launch your PSP game that you installed Adrenaline to, it will find that file and install the PSP firmware files.

You're right! I just ignored the 661.PBP error that the Installer gave me, and when I went to boot the game everything went normal after hitting a black screen for a few seconds.

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right! I just ignored the 661.PBP error that the Installer gave me, and when I went to boot the game everything went normal after hitting a black screen for a few seconds.
But how do you get the PSP game bubble to show up in the first place? Is your vita already activated?

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how do you get the PSP game bubble to show up in the first place? Is your vita already activated?
I can't get the bubble to appear either. My PSTV is activated and have tried rebuilding the database twice. adrenaline installs and everything and vita content manager detects it,but still no damn bubble.

sparrowreal

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the bubble to appear either. My PSTV is activated and have tried rebuilding the database twice. adrenaline installs and everything and vita content manager detects it,but still no damn bubble.
Same here no damn buble. The bubble only only appears using a psx game that I had : Mickey mania, and obviously it doesnt work using that, but at least the fuc++ing thing appears.:rofl2:

Last edited by sparrowreal,

aIphaprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, new Vita unactivated (just entered PSN account details upon a factory restore), no bubble after following the guide to a T.

Going to try the PSP IDU mode method next, and if that also fails, resort to hunting down a PS3..

Edit - PSP IDU installed the HMH demo fine, installed adrenaline fine, but then adrenaline won't load (Vita not activated error). Guess it's off to get a PS3 for me...

Last edited by aIphaprime,

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, new Vita unactivated (just entered PSN account details upon a factory restore), no bubble after following the guide to a T.

Going to try the PSP IDU mode method next, and if that also fails, resort to hunting down a PS3..

I did that. But I also applied the rif file trick from this thread and it works like a charm. You dont need a psp or ps3 with that guide if you use the vitashell rif and rename it to the same name for the app that guide uses.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the rif step, no help. I take it your Vita was already activated beforehand?
I followed the idu mode guide. However instead of using the psp or another vita with adrenaline for the rif file. I used the vitashell one proposed by this thread. The bubble turns into adrenaline and after starting taihenkaku it should boot. i did rebuild the database after installing the bubble from the idu mode tutorial. that may help.

Du'Islingr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloody genius, you're right, it works!!! I got the rif's mixed up on my last reply (I'm new to vita hacking and just did the entire VitaRW, Pck installer, IDU mode, etc so my eyes were spinning).

Yes confirmed! Unactivated Vita > enter PSN details upon factory reset > PSP + Half-Minute Hero demo installed from this guide + the rif trick from OP = adrenaline success!! Thank you both!
Oh the vitarw crap wasnt necessary since vitashell grants full access anyways either with henkaku or taihenkaku. regular henkaku molecule also grants full access. the vitarw is out of date. just for future reference

Follow the guide linked in the above quote. Ignore the PSP/PS3/VitaRW stuff. Use the Rif trick from this thread instead. Just install the idu vpk thing, install the package manager, setup qcma accordingly, and do everything regarding those while being cautious against idu mode updating and you should be successful

Last edited by Du'Islingr,

aIphaprime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok good to know thanks. What's the best way of disabling full directory access then? (I don't want to accidentally delete/overwrite anything in the future)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!