Hacking Want to extra sav file from NOR mode using AK 1.2

HipShooter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the AK 1.2's native GBA 3in1 support to play Mother 3. Now, I want to extract the save so I can continue playing it on the wii, but i don't know how. I've been playing in NOR mode, but gba exploader keeps saying that my current "save" is pokemon ruby.

I went to the options within the 1.2's menu, and Pressed "sram" to write my sav file. The file created didn't work within the VBA emulator, and I'm afraid to see what "RAM" function does on the 1.2 for fear that it'll overwrite my mother 3 sav.

So how would I go about extracting my sav file in NOR mode? THanks for any help

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the backup stuff for 3-in-1 in the ak firmware (both official and akaio) is a dump file that according to smiths is useless. it was put in for debugging and never removed. i haven't tested this but the ram mode should just boot the ram for 3rd party apps, and not overwrite anything. gba exp loader .57 (the current build) should allow you to save what is in your sram back to your slot1. it will save the the defult folder as set by the ini file "SaveDir /GBA_SAVE" assuming the dldi patch worked and it can write to your flash kit. so give that a go first and don't worry about what its reporting as the save. then test that save file on an emu and see what happens. to my understanding VBA and VBA-M will work with the saves the 3-in-1 dumps. you might have to tweak the settings in VBA to the correct save type.

i haven't really toyed with this myself i've been using my m3 lite for gba games, taking advantage of the real time saves. i'll do some debugging tomorrow as i find time and see what i can come up with. hopefully others will add on to give you a direction to take.

goodluck!

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ok what i came up with is this.

tested on my ak2, 3-in-1, with gba exploader .57

yes the 3-in-1 sram is a dump like the .bin file on gba exploader. you won't be able to do much with it. load up gba exploader, hit "R" to go into NOR mode and then press "B" to write SRAM to save file. arrow to an empty slot and hit "A" to write the save. save data stored in the 1st entry will be a .sav the others stored in the slots will be numbered .sv1, .sv2, etc. so you will have to rename those to .sav to get them to work outside of gba exploader.

i then used a very old copy of vba (1.8.0 beta3). loaded the rom with my save filed named the same way and it all works.

hope this helps.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-