Hacking Wani's 4.1 Firmware updater

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also if you're not updating from 4.0 to 4.1 you may need to install IOS60 before running the 4.1 updater otherwise it will give you an error. You can use dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check and then you should be fine running the updater.

The only thing that 4.1 adds over 4.0 is a bug fix involving Wii Sports Resort. When you first load the game, you see that stupid motionplus video that is mandatory to watch and requires some alternate dol crap if you're not using the disc channel to load it.

The bug is that if you play any vc game or anything from the sd card menu, even if you already saw the video before, you're going to have to watch it again when you boot it up again.

And that's pretty much the ONLY thing 4.1 does over 4.0.

Rosetta06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.0, so no need for IOS60 then? Would rather have this so I don't accidentally update via a wii disc and cause issues. Plus I don't wanna watch that damn video even again.

Rosetta06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have wani's dol version of the Firmware update, I can just use that. Think I will backup the NAND just to be safe, been awhile since I have.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Also if you're not updating from 4.0 to 4.1 you may need to install IOS60 before running the 4.1 updater otherwise it will give you an error. You can use dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check and then you should be fine running the updater.

The only thing that 4.1 adds over 4.0 is a bug fix involving Wii Sports Resort. When you first load the game, you see that stupid motionplus video that is mandatory to watch and requires some alternate dol crap if you're not using the disc channel to load it.

The bug is that if you play any vc game or anything from the sd card menu, even if you already saw the video before, you're going to have to watch it again when you boot it up again.

And that's pretty much the ONLY thing 4.1 does over 4.0.
well that sucks. I was hoping 4.1 would keep me from having to do that alternate dol crap.

It's not too complicated for me to do but it makes it much harder for others in the house to load it. It was hard enough training everybody on alternate loaders and which ones to use for gc titles and wii titles, lol. Here's to hoping an alternate workaround or patch can be applied to the disc or something.
unsure.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rosetta06 said:
NO I Think what he said was thats what 4.1 fixes.
wink.gif

It fixes having to to it after EVERY time you load a game from the sd card menu, but you still have to do it the FIRST time you play the game. Not anymore after that.

Rosetta06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't. But check on the wii homebrew wiki to see what it breaks.
Anyway, did the Nand backup, ran the update, all is well and perfect.
Thanks once again fellas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0