Waninkoko's NAND iso Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jeffc313, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009

Waninkoko's NAND iso Loader by jeffc313 at 6:53 PM (13,305 Views / 0 Likes) 71 replies

1. jeffc313
    OP

Newcomer jeffc313 Advanced Member

United States
    "Llevo varios dias investigando ciertas cosas de la Wii y como estaba un poco aburrido me dió por experimentar con algo. Después de un día picando código el resultado es este:

NOTA: No me pidais por correo ni por MP el canal ni el método que he utilizado. No voy a publicar nada de esto, principalmente porque no le veo mucha utilidad."
    google translate into english
    "Take several days to investigate things like the Wii was a bit boring for me to experiment with something. Después de un día picando código el resultado es este: After a day biting code, the result is this:

NOTA: No me pidais por correo ni por MP el canal ni el método que he utilizado. NOTE: Do not ask me by mail or by MP channel or method that I used. No voy a publicar nada de esto, principalmente porque no le veo mucha utilidad. I will not publish anything from this, mainly because he is not very useful. "

So, essentially Wanin has installed .iso file to the nand and used nintendos apploader to fire up the game. Not of much use, but interesting anyway.

2. kyogc

Member kyogc GBAtemp Fan

Taiwan
    I am more interesting in his wii/gc multigame loader which he said should come out a month ago.....

3. Scolor

Member Scolor GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    If wii's NAND could be bigger.....

Great job aniway Waninkoko; again, you can confirm your fame of great coder.

4. snikerz

Member snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Liechtenstein
    This + CIOS USB2 = Epic Win [​IMG]

5. pika9323

Member pika9323 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  6. kyle007

Member kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    doesn't the wii only have like 512 mb of internal memory?

7. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    This + cIOS USB2 = Epic Fail...compability with big HDDs are shitty on the Wii. Only Linux can make a big compability, and this would take forever to load...and what has the NAND with USB to do? They don't realy match, I think...

@Topic: Still don't belive that this is a good solution...Hamster Heroes is one of the smallest Wii-Games...maybe a bigger one would be better to show that it realy works...

Fixed video:

8. jeffc313
    OP

Newcomer jeffc313 Advanced Member

United States
    @Blue-K: Waninkoko even said that he will not release due to very little use. It is just an interesting progression of his efforts.

9. Linuks

Member Linuks GBAtemp Regular

France
  10. Zeek03

Member Zeek03 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wow this is incredible! And Loading from something besides a disc has been established.

A Usb 2.0 hack just came out. This could mean loading from a flash drive! 300Mb-1000Mb Works great on a 16GB flash Drive! And maybe even usable with SD cards!

Still either way this is very cool!

Great job Waninikoko!

11. forbore

Member forbore GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Good job! Looks like we progressed a lot since last May! [​IMG] Hope that this will lead into a External HD loader! [​IMG]

12. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Before the original backup loader was released, I was chatting with a few of the beta testers. It was my understanding that an SD and a USB backup loader were in development, but the projects were dropped because both SD and USB were too slow to stream games from. With the recent release of USB 2.0 support, I expect to see USB loaders appearing in the future. I'm hoping it'll progress to USB HDD loaders.

13. eric_4_life

Member eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is not an epic fail, since it shows that Wii games can load from other sources then from a DVD and with USB 2.0 on the horizon, HDD loading will be possible

14. madmikeuk

Newcomer madmikeuk Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Er, no. It doesn't. It only shows that it's possible to run a disc game from NAND as a channel with some modifications and repacking the partitions as U8 archives. Unless someone has a demo of games running off an external device (or channels) then don't get your hopes up.

15. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    USB 2.0 CIOS (way faster than 6x) + loading games without dvd That is the point. Jeesh people think things magically appear without any proof of concepts

16. Tozarian

Member Tozarian GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Dammit nintendo, make your nand bigger or make an HDD that works with the wii!

17. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes this is a big step, huge maybe even. This is an official wii game and it's being run not off of a disc. It doesn't matter how or where it's being run from, the point is it's not being run from a disc and therefore has the potential to be used through other means. Yes, the possibility of through the USB being the greatest one of these.

18. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    I use a 320 gig western digital external drive ATM for ALL my nes, snes,genisis,gba roms as well as all my mkv,mp4,avi,divx,wmv,wma,mp3 EVEN BOOT.DOL AND BOOT.ELF FILES VIA USB EXTERNAL DRIVE! (wad manager by waninkoko is the worst usb based app ive used granted that one needs work) but the rest work at 100%! [​IMG] I have more faith than you in the collective scenes will [​IMG]

Emus all support external hdd HAVE THESE IN CHANNEL FORM

UNOFFICIAL geexbox works a treat! for usb media....HAVE THIS IN CHANNEL FORM

Homebrew apps and games with LoadMii app that lets you load elf and dols via usb external drive [​IMG] HAVE THIS IN CHANNEL FORM

So i ask is it really that far fetched with the usb 2.0 hack or are you being a negative person about the very real possibility
    ?

19. Knocks

Member Knocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

That was before the SDHC hack. A high-class SDHC card will give a 6x DVD-ROM a run for its money.

20. Gunfreak11

Member Gunfreak11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a class 6 8gb MicroSD card :3