Hacking Waninkoko's cIOS Rev20 Coming This Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The music is unnecessary. An installer should just do that is says... install. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not complaining about how good it sounds, it's just not necessary.

If he's smart enough to please everyone, he should make it an external file so those who do not want it can delete it and not have to put up with it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jefffisher said:
just wanted to say thanks and i also love the music all the good things in life have a soundtrack.
that music is by linkinworm, he recently teamed up with my cuz Violator, they've released a couple songs here
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/05/link...eign-2-new.html

and you can grab the classic cios installer songs from here
http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2010/03/wani...aller-song.html

as much as I love their music, I have to agree that the least important thing about the cios installer is the music (and I know my cuz Violator will agree with me
biggrin.gif
)

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Whats with people not relizing good music nowadays.
Because it's barely music. It would have seemed out of place during the 80s. No disrespect to Wanin, of course.
biggrin.gif

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
burritoboy9984 said:
wanin, what is your paypal again?

-Erik
[email protected] (oops, I should be careful. Theres some people lurking around here that will have a flaming field day with that even though it is a joke)

Personally, no one should gripe about the music or bother to request 2 version or anything. It's fine. He's done enough to help everyone, no one needs to pick apart his work. Leave it the way it is...especially since it is his work.

lol

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
as much as I love their music, I have to agree that the least important thing about the cios installer is the music (and I know my cuz Violator will agree with me
biggrin.gif
)
true but the music does help make the "installing content id" seem less imposing.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Boring as fook still reading comments about the music.

Great stuff as usual wanin, 20 is kinda a landmark and looking back you've came a long, long way.

I'm hoping you get some time to yourself for a bit, and maybe do some sort of app, you're really well known for your cIOS, but looking at your portfolio of work there are sooo many great apps that other people never touched on, so it would be nice to see you do sometihng a bit different than cIOS next (it's nearing perfection anyway)

Anyway...I'm just posting to bump up my post count and look like I know sumin
tongue.gif

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
WiiFan2012 said:
One thing I wish for, is an installer without the music as I think its pointless having music in such an program. (not to mention annoying.) Though Waninkoko could keep one with the music for people who don't care about it. (aka one with, one without)
I can't stand the music (awful, cheesy rock, ugh!), but having two installers, just because someone doesn't like the music? Get serious. One installer is fine, you are in the installer for seconds - if it offends you that much use the mute button.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Srsly? People don't like the cIOS installer music? I must be one of the few who like it....

Yeah, why not just turn down your TV? I guess other people must just have a lot more time on their hands and sillier things to worry about. Thanks for all your hard cIOS work Waninoko! Because of you and others like you, I LOVE MY Wii!!!

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Volume or Mute Button = No Music

The music could be opera for all i care, its the cIOS that matters
Thx waninkoko for continueing with your work, very much appreciated

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The music is fine. Like others have said, just mute the audio if it bothers you that much.
The only thing I'd change is to have a higher bitrate of the music, but in return we'd have a larger file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4