Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

DarkFailure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the solution for the tomb raider anniversary problem: switch the settings in the wii menu to 60hz ( 480i) and it should work fine.

but now i get a black screen on fifa 09 after two loading screens. i dont even get into the main menu.

pls help

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkFailure said:
i got the solution for the tomb raider anniversary problem: switch the settings in the wii menu to 60hz ( 480i) and it should work fine.

but now i get a black screen on fifa 09 after two loading screens. i dont even get into the main menu.

pls help
Switching the setting to 480i didn't work out for me. Somehow I think it may only be compatible on a PAL machine at the moment.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't bare reading all the posts...so I just wanted to say, first of all thanks to all the participation in everyone testing this in a mature fashion instead of like the leaked fiasco.

I am using a NTSC-USA Wii virgin (no modchip) with the 3.3u firmware (if that really matters).

I have tried several games using DJTaz's compiled zip and overall have had good results.. I have had the same issues as most listed in the compatible list... (i.e. Wario Land Shake It - black screen never loads NTSC, etc.)

My best results have been burning with IMGBurn 2.4.2.0 and setting the speed to 16x using a Memorex DVD-R 16X 120 Min Recordable.
With verified being checked on a LITE-ON optical drive. I have 3 different burners and that one works the best for me. I don't really mind wasting my DVDs trying this stuff either...it's always been an interest of mine to experiement with stuff like this.

I did run into an issue that I think needs to be addressed and that is whenever using the DVDx for backups and then using it via Mplayer (TeamTwiizers) it won't play the DVD movies unless I go to DVDx and install back to the way Mplayer requires it. So I am having to toggle manually between that and the advanced install IOS249. I personally think that is an issue that needs to be addressed by someone that has the proper know how to make it more user friendly. Or I guess I could just live with it...but then again... I don't won't to here my 5 year old crying about it because he doesn't know how to play both...try teaching him what that means...you ask why? because he definately uses the Wii more than me..

Why am I so interested?! Because I have been using hacks/cracks for years and I'm set in my ways of the darkside of the Force...hehe.

Everything works great that DJTaz has put together for those who have opted to use his compiled zip to try this. I know he didn't do the actual programs...but he did an excellent job peicing something a little easier for us inexperienced Wii Homebrewers...

I did have a problem with his Internet Browser... I thought it might be because his was the PAL version so I hunted and hunted down a copy of the NTSC opera browser for the Wii... haven't tried that yet though... When I have more time to focus on that I will...but you try peeling the Wiimote out of a 5 year old hands with a new game he's wanted since he heard it was out (Starwars Force unleashed and Lego Batman).

Anyways... I've been posting in the other thread...http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107056

But it is obvious that this thread has more discussion about the test results and I will take the time to read all of the thread later today.

Thanks everyone...and lemme give a warm shoutout to Billings! ;-0

Octavian86

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkFailure said:

pls help

I got black screen on fifa too. Tried every TV mode. I have the PAL version and my Wii is PAL too, so it should work... Did it ever work for you? For anyone?

mxk1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Octavian86 said:
DarkFailure said:

pls help

I got black screen on fifa too. Tried every TV mode. I have the PAL version and my Wii is PAL too, so it should work... Did it ever work for you? For anyone?

I have fifa working, but not on this loader. on the wiigator one.
used fuji dvd-r burned at 2.4 speed on image burn.

As for the Maxell dvd-r mention a couple of posts ago. i have those, anmd can't get anything to work on them, The wii dvd drive sounds like its crunching them up.
I think some games just need better media. i have been using disks from pound land. 4 disk for £1 think they are called synalex or something like that, the have worked fine for most games. ever ran some games on the dvd+3 rw disks from pound land.

I have a selection of disks. if its a game i really want i use the Fuji ones. if its just to add to the collection then its the pound land ones to test.
think out of 40 games i have tried i have had 3 that i had to do again

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
mxk1000 said:
Octavian86 said:
DarkFailure said:

pls help

As for the Maxell dvd-r mention a couple of posts ago. i have those, anmd can't get anything to work on them, The wii dvd drive sounds like its crunching them up.
I think some games just need better media. i have been using disks from pound land. 4 disk for £1 think they are called synalex or something like that, the have worked fine for most games. ever ran some games on the dvd+3 rw disks from pound land.

I have a selection of disks. if its a game i really want i use the Fuji ones. if its just to add to the collection then its the pound land ones to test.
i found that poundland disks worked really well. all my games so far have worked with them. if they break within a year ill get better media though.

Octavian86

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mxk1000 said:
Octavian86 said:
DarkFailure said:

pls help

Thanks mate! Wiigator works great
biggrin.gif

thaillestone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
United States
If I'm running the Backup Loader Channel with the up date from (SSBB)
Will Mario Kart Backup (It's update)Undo the custom Cios
Or should I uninstall everything before I update Or will it be fine?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As long as the region of the discs are the same as the region of the wii , everything SHOULD be ok. People can only give advice on here though , no responsibility is held for anything once you change your wii from stock.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
ragde said:
How come when I try to install DVDX the highest IOS I can pick is IOS37?

Are you going in order of installing everything? If you already have the homebrew channel installed then you have to go to the Wad manager (which is in DJTaz's zip) which should be copied to your SD card... Go to it and load it...Press A to continue and select file CIOS36_rev5_64_v1042 and press the + sign on the Wiimote...after doing that install the HPbackuplauncher.dol.wad from the wad manager... then after all that exit the Wad Manager which will reset your Wii...
Now go to the homebrew channel again and when you go to install the DVDx use the advanced install... with ios249...If you think you already installed it wrong all you have to fo is hit the - (minus) on the Wiimote to uninstall it....

As I have said before.. When I went to try the mplayer app that also uses DVDx I had to unistall it first and reinstall it the way mplayer instructs you to play DVDmovies on the Wii.. then I had to go back uninstall it to get it to work with the backup loader... It took me a minute to figure that out...hopefully there will be something that makes it easier when that kind of situation comes about... because it is so much better just to have one device that does all... I would have thought that Nintendo would have added that feature automatically which makes me assume that the reason why they didn't was because the hack may have been found sooner?!

By the way.. Hey Linkinworm...still making Youtube loader videos for Wan?
tongue.gif
(I had to say something when I saw your last post in this thread..)

ragde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
ragde said:
How come when I try to install DVDX the highest IOS I can pick is IOS37?

Are you going in order of installing everything? If you already have the homebrew channel installed then you have to go to the Wad manager (which is in DJTaz's zip) which should be copied to your SD card... Go to it and load it...Press A to continue and select file CIOS36_rev5_64_v1042 and press the + sign on the Wiimote...after doing that install the HPbackuplauncher.dol.wad from the wad manager... then after all that exit the Wad Manager which will reset your Wii...
Now go to the homebrew channel again and when you go to install the DVDx use the advanced install... with ios249...If you think you already installed it wrong all you have to fo is hit the - (minus) on the Wiimote to uninstall it....

As I have said before.. When I went to try the mplayer app that also uses DVDx I had to unistall it first and reinstall it the way mplayer instructs you to play DVDmovies on the Wii.. then I had to go back uninstall it to get it to work with the backup loader... It took me a minute to figure that out...hopefully there will be something that makes it easier when that kind of situation comes about... because it is so much better just to have one device that does all... I would have thought that Nintendo would have added that feature automatically which makes me assume that the reason why they didn't was because the hack may have been found sooner?!

By the way.. Hey Linkinworm...still making Youtube loader videos for Wan?
tongue.gif
(I had to say something when I saw your last post in this thread..)

Alright thanx it worked beautifully

bluefuel318

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@djtaz: actually, I figured it out. Just uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it, and now it works fine. HOWEVER, I can't get it to read any games. I believe it's due to the fact that I can't burn DVD-ROM's. My burner isn't capable of having the book type changed. :-(

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I ripped an original via Wad dumper to my PC using Firefox browser and it only took less than 3 hours for it to upload it from my wii to the pc... That rocks!

One note though.. if you have wireless router issues...it would be a good idea to invest in the ethernet adapter from Gamestop for like $25 US... I am sure you can probably find it cheaper... though... what's that compared to what a new game would cost?! Although you may need a long ethernet cable, depending on how far the router and your wii is from each other.... mine is only like 10 feet away... but that doesn't mean you can't bring the wii to the router, of course...

Anyways... that Wiidumper is just as much like magic as the actual backup loader.... Thanks coders! (Wan and Gator)

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably a newb question, but i'll risk getting yelled at for asking... i have 3.3u installed, hbc, and dvdx + wiigators backup loader, everything is perfect, completely kosher... i did just order SSMB.. is there an update that will break things, or am i ok?

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
toastert2003 said:
probably a newb question, but i'll risk getting yelled at for asking... i have 3.3u installed, hbc, and dvdx + wiigators backup loader, everything is perfect, completely kosher... i did just order SSMB.. is there an update that will break things, or am i ok?

Your fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: still, you're forgiven +2