Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

killercow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody got disaster day of crisis to work with backup loader? I tried with wiifrii but no luck so maybe i'm not doing it properly, only got a green screen!

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard someone switched the setting on their TV to PAL because it could output both, and it fixed the black & white issue for them. On my TV I can output NTSC, PAL-M, and PAL-N. What should I use...or will I still have to get a component cable? I haven't tested PAL-M/-N yet but I will as soon as I get my disc burnt.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Star Wars : The Force Unleashed [PAL]

NTSC Wii user (non-chipped, 3.2U); Will PAL games work better (compatibility wise) on my Wii ? As well is it recommended I region patch a PAL game before using backup-loader?

Thanks
grog.gif

edit: standard PAL scrambled b/w video output....

Heromaxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried to get Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work but so far I have had no luck.

I burn with 3/4 speed
I use Maxwell discs
I have used ImgBurn (I am about to use Alcohol 120%)
I have also converted BT3 to PAL and even so its still that weird screen that is frozen.

If anyone can help me please reply ASAP.

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zeek03 said:
I have an SDTV. Will Component cables still work for me?
Nope Sorry. you'll have to wait for someone to come out with a fixed backup-patcher that can patch NTSC discs as NTSC. I'm not sure if it's actually the patcher or the app itself that's outputting PAL but we'll just have to wait for a fix. In the meantime, read your TV manual. It might come with an option to set the signal to PAL manually.

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
swf3 said:
installed dvdx, but theres no option 249any one help?
thanks guys
pal wii
Go into the DVDX installer Uninstall it if the uninstall option is present. Then install the cIOS rev5. Then go install DVDX. When the install menu comes up select 'advanced' scroll down to IOS and press the right button until you see IOS249.

wilfordbrimley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that getting component cables will fix the black and white issue on PAL games with a NTSC wii and NTSC TV. Note that you can't use component cables if you don't have a TV that has the plugs on the back (blue, green, red), most/all HDTVs should have them, but I doubt standard TVs do.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wilfordbrimley said:
I can confirm that getting component cables will fix the black and white issue on PAL games with a NTSC wii and NTSC TV. Note that you can't use component cables if you don't have a TV that has the plugs on the back (blue, green, red), most/all HDTVs should have them, but I doubt standard TVs do.
my SDTV does. I think.
Oh, does an S-Video converter work?

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
sdbinwiiexe said:
Zeek03 said:
Nope Sorry. you'll have to wait for someone to come out with a fixed backup-patcher that can patch NTSC discs as NTSC. I'm not sure if it's actually the patcher or the app itself that's outputting PAL but we'll just have to wait for a fix. In the meantime, read your TV manual. It might come with an option to set the signal to PAL manually.

Why wouldn't the component cables work on my SDTV? I don't want to waste my money. It has the 3 colors in the back (blue, red green,) I can't see why that won't work. I want my games in color!

Someone comfirm plz. I might be getting them for my B-day which is soon.

squirrel007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
sdbinwiiexe said:
Zeek03 said:

Why wouldn't the component cables work on my SDTV? I don't want to waste my money. It has the 3 colors in the back (blue, red green,) I can't see why that won't work. I want my games in color!

Someone comfirm plz. I might be getting them for my B-day which is soon.

If it has the inputs on the back then you're fine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk