Jacol Beyros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this is the right place to put this, but im having a problem with the loader. im trying to play geometry wars, but when it loads, the right half of the screen is on the left and vice-versa. im using hd cables and my tv is a sylvania flat screen, model no. 6427fe. i live on the pacific coast, so my wii is ntsc, i think. i dont know about the game. has anyone else had this problem? and how do you fix it, if possible? thanks in advance!

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jundeezy said:
The game was PAL, my Wii was NTSC, I have AV cables and a reg TV.

So, if this is true, is there a list of games that are compatible with NTSC systems and standard AV cables? I got Carnival Games working with AV cables, but like everyone else, I get the black and white color. I went ahead and ordered some composite cables, but I would be interested in this when I play on older tvs and such.

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some SDTVs have the ability to use component cables and output higher resolutions much like HDTVs. These are refered to as EDTVs (Enhanced Definition). The cannot output as high resolutions but they can use component...i think.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hazz said:
Jundeezy said:

So, if this is true, is there a list of games that are compatible with NTSC systems and standard AV cables? I got Carnival Games working with AV cables, but like everyone else, I get the black and white color. I went ahead and ordered some composite cables, but I would be interested in this when I play on older tvs and such.
I think the reason they worked for you guys would be because of TV has a PAL setting or and works with PAL input. I have tested 5 NTSC Games and 2 PAL and they all at least show in black and white.

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YellowYoYos said:
Hazz said:
Jundeezy said:

I think the reason they worked for you guys would be because of TV has a PAL setting or and works with PAL input. I have tested 5 NTSC Games and 2 PAL and they all at least show in black and white.

All games I have tried were black and white except de Blob. The games I tried were:
Star Wars: TFU NTSC to PAL
Boom Blox PAL
Super Paper Mario NTSC
Bully: Scholarship Edition PAL
Cooking Mama
de Blob

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YellowYoYos said:
Rcolon85 said:
I have a Ntsc wii and a will be trying de blob....

Was it the Pal or Ntsc de blob that worked?
I think de blob is PAL only, so he had of used WiiFrii 2.3b?

Oh ok i just realized. but

Whats the difference with WiiFrii 2.3b and 1.0

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jundeezy said:

So do PAL games patched to NTSC-U with wiifrii show in color then with the regular cables or is this a freak case? Can anyone else confirm this?

fassbinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hazz said:
Jundeezy said:

This is hard to believe, has anyone else tried this, or is it like the other guy that was using a dvd-recorder with s-video.

arma47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kakkoii said:
I can confirm the new Star Wars game being in Black & White. NTSC Game, NTSC Wii.
I can confirm the new Star Wars game being in colour after I boughtAV Cables from bestbuy(~$30). NTSC Game, NTSC Wii.

g00s3y said:
QUOTE(Jundeezy @ Sep 25 2008, 09:33 PM) The game was PAL, my Wii was NTSC, I have AV cables and a reg TV.

So do PAL games patched to NTSC-U with wiifrii show in color then with the regular cables or is this a freak case? Can anyone else confirm this?

He said AV Cables, those are not regular cables.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
g00s3y said:
Jundeezy said:

RegionFrii 1.21 gave me an error when I switched SW: Force Unleashed from PAL to USA. However, waninko's backup program took it in and spit out partition.iso fine. The game still plays just with the lack of color (rca hookup) and hooking up s-video does the scrolling, half centered screen usual garble.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arma47 said:
Kakkoii said:
I can confirm the new Star Wars game being in Black & White. NTSC Game, NTSC Wii.
I can confirm the new Star Wars game being in colour after I boughtAV Cables from bestbuy(~$30). NTSC Game, NTSC Wii.

g00s3y said:
QUOTE(Jundeezy @ Sep 25 2008, 09:33 PM) The game was PAL, my Wii was NTSC, I have AV cables and a reg TV.

He said AV Cables, those are not regular cables.
if av cables arent regular cables then what are they. last i know rca cables are regular av cables

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't read here anything of bricked Wii's.
Didn't have anyone problems with his Wii after installing all that and using it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica