kilarena said:
Tripwire said:
NEC ND4570A = working with dvd-r but maybe depends on media:

Platinum DVD + R = Not Working
Samsung DVD+RW = Not Working
Sony DVD-R = Working
Imation DVD-R = Working

Trying laptop drive now (pioneer) will post results soon

Yeah, I've a NEC AD-5170A and Verbatim +R work but -RW don't, I can't change book type for the last sort of support. But Tripwire, how do you modify the booktype for DVD-R on ImgBurn ? I only see +RW/+R/+R DL :-O
It also sometimes depends on the speed. I use FujiFilm DVD+R. I can boot up Mario Kart Wii just fine. (But in black and white.) Some games I download load up but then I'd get a grey screen.

Maybe but for DVD+R you can choose the "Book type".

Each time I got another type than "Dvd-rom", the backup didn't worked on my Wii so I ask myself how I can burn Dvd-rom with some DVD-RW if I can't modify the book type in imgburn
mad.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes finally got it!

I did Star Wars TFU (NTSC) on a NTSC Wii at a 8x speed on a Phillips DVD - R. It runs well except the load times (not too bad). I just wish I had a HD tv right now to hook my compnent cables to.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, everyones getting the games they want to play lol. I need to play Naruto Shippuden. Everytime I try to burn with ImgBurn, at the end I get an error saying it couldn't close the disc and I'm not sure if the disc is still bootable. Also, my DVD Drive isn't in the booktype thing in ImgBurn. My DVD Drive is a TEAC Drive so I don't know what I'm doing =/

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raiyu245 said:
Meh, everyones getting the games they want to play lol. I need to play Naruto Shippuden. Everytime I try to burn with ImgBurn, at the end I get an error saying it couldn't close the disc and I'm not sure if the disc is still bootable. Also, my DVD Drive isn't in the booktype thing in ImgBurn. My DVD Drive is a TEAC Drive so I don't know what I'm doing =/
This is good for bitT.... More the better
smile.gif

Why was the link taken down?

kilarena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Raiyu245 said:

So how will you burn the backup with "DVD-Rom" booktype
huh.gif

(About my problem with -RW if some people can help me, I get that on ImgBurn http://pix.nofrag.com/0/c/4/a12771e4c15cff...f2e9cb615b.html (Sorry for the French text ;-( ) and as you can see ... DVD-RW isn't in the list so I can't change DVD-ROM for that.)

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Well, I got it finally with ImgBurn and I had the write speed at 3x. I don't know why I picked that. I used the DVD-R from Maxell, and it gets to a gray screen, and I don't have component cables. Just try and burn it at different speeds, probably won't help. It might be something else. Maybe some can confirm this game? I deleted it by accident while messing with DSLazy to move the models over from EBA to Ouendan2 lol... I went to the wrong folder and was like, wth are these files doing here?
tongue.gif

So do the games really don't work with normal cables? Or do you just get bad picture.
frown.gif

(Phucking IPS driver error...
frown.gif
)

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Star.Wars.The.Force.Unleashed.USA.Wii-FATAL

Works using WinXP Home SP3 with Memorex DVD-R at 8x burn speed. Game plays (decent load speed) but is in black and white (cuz i have reg cables).

I am running to Gamestop now to get component cables to hopefully remedy the color issue. Also going to burn the "GH3 Custom - 80s" and try that next. If that works I will be trying the other GH3 Custom titles (GH1/GH2).

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raiyu245 said:
kilarena said:
Tripwire said:
NEC ND4570A = working with dvd-r but maybe depends on media:

Platinum DVD + R = Not Working
Samsung DVD+RW = Not Working
Sony DVD-R = Working
Imation DVD-R = Working

Trying laptop drive now (pioneer) will post results soon

Yeah, I've a NEC AD-5170A and Verbatim +R work but -RW don't, I can't change book type for the last sort of support. But Tripwire, how do you modify the booktype for DVD-R on ImgBurn ? I only see +RW/+R/+R DL :-O
It also sometimes depends on the speed. I use FujiFilm DVD+R. I can boot up Mario Kart Wii just fine. (But in black and white.) Some games I download load up but then I'd get a grey screen.

I tried my pioneer drive with a Samsung DVD+RW doesn't work gonna use my dad's apple to burn it see if that works. Also i tried to change the booktype of imgburn but i get an error when i want to change it something about a string failed or sumthing. Well i'm going to sleep now gonna try some stuff tomorrow! later people

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grav said:
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Midnightzak said:
Star.Wars.The.Force.Unleashed.USA.Wii-FATAL

Works using WinXP Home SP3 with Memorex DVD-R at 8x burn speed. Game plays (decent load speed) but is in black and white (cuz i have reg cables).

I am running to Gamestop now to get component cables to hopefully remedy the color issue. Also going to burn the "GH3 Custom - 80s" and try that next. If that works I will be trying the other GH3 Custom titles (GH1/GH2).

can you link me to where i can get the custom GH titles?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first crash report:

star wars the force unleashed crashes after starkiller takes down the star destroyer.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

Bought component cables and it seems my hookups on my TV are shot, so I need some kind of converter or a PAL ISO maybe?

Burning the GH3 Custom 80s disc now, will post results soon (within 15 minutes or so)

I will not post links to the source of GH3 Custom discs as I think that is prohibited, but I have sent you a PM with the information. If this for some reason violates a GBAT policy please let me know and I will discontinue immediately.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another reply and maybe someone can toss me some ideas.

Successfully patched and burned the GH3 Custom - 80s ISO (PAL) and use the backup loader. Game loads but still appears to be in B&W. Right now is stuck on a screen of text with the Nintendo logo at the top and the screen is flickering like when viewing something that has copy protection on it.

Do I need to do something else before running a PAL backup using this method?

Also seperate issue. When I hook up my component cables everything is in B&W, but when I unplug the BLUE cable the color returns to normal. Is this a problem with my TV or a setting on the Wii? Any help is appreciated.

telefunkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

Seems to be the case for me, PAL copy of TFU is working in full color with RCA cables but it is the only game I've gotten to try so far. I'm waiting on some more ISO's to finish so I can test more. Rebel Raiders NTSC will be finished soon, that will be my next report.

Notorious9i6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3.2U Wii
Doesn't run my scrubbed NTSC Mariokart wii

Flicks a green screen then goes black,

Star wars NTSC works, loading is a bit long

i burned mine on the sony dvd's
4X

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaveMode said:
did you change your wii settings to component? Sounds like you didn't.

I looked for a setting within my Wii but couldn't find one. I did find one options screen pretty much asking if I have a high def tv or standard def. I have a regular 4:3 tube TV (not high def) and it wouldn't allow me to choose the high-def option.

Ideas?

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Play (iso title reads Party pack for Revolution)

Wii Type: NTSC
Component connection (to ntsc hd tv)

The game loads to a green screen and freezes.

Btw... with all due respect imgburn is crap and it's causing 90% of the issues people are having burning. The tutorial needs to be changed to use nero, which will handle the book-type junk automatically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think