Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

thunderct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have tried both Mario Kart PAL and Mario Kart NTSC on my PAL wii using 8x Ridisc DVD-RW with Cyberlink Power2go

With the PAL version the game crashes after the first Grand Prix race, however with the NTSC version it works great, except for slightly longer load speeds. I am always using AV cables on my HDTV.

EDIT: Further testing revealed sometimes game freezes after grand prixs, sometimes it doesn't. A big hit and miss!

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:
Wii Play (iso title reads Party pack for Revolution)

Wii Type: NTSC
Component connection (to ntsc hd tv)

The game loads to a green screen and freezes.

Btw... with all due respect imgburn is crap and it's causing 90% of the issues people are having burning. The tutorial needs to be changed to use nero, which will handle the book-type junk automatically.
Better yet, they should just specify "using your favorite image burner" and just reccomend imgburn for those without money to spend.

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
turtleman said:
HowardC said:

Btw... with all due respect imgburn is crap and it's causing 90% of the issues people are having burning. The tutorial needs to be changed to use nero, which will handle the book-type junk automatically.
Better yet, they should just specify "using your favorite image burner" and just reccomend imgburn for those without money to spend.
The Nero I use is free because I pirated it. It's Funny how I am using pirated software to burn pirated ISOs on my pirated Windows XP. Hell I need my own fucken pirate ship!
laugh.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nightstalker said:
turtleman said:
HowardC said:

The Nero I use is free because I pirated it. It's Funny how I am using pirated software to burn pirated ISOs on my pirated Windows XP. Hell I need my own fucken pirate ship!
laugh.gif
lol, I had a Nero 8 Ultra on my laptop for DVDs and anime *coughclannadcough* but then when it told me to check the patent for the convertor, it gave me: You are using a pirated serial key of Nero 8.

But the LEGAL(I swear, came with lite-on drive) version worked good, better than ImgBurn.
smile.gif

I'm going to try Metroid Prime 3 corruption... or its been done, I want to play it.
tongue.gif

anything on naruto ex2?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Midnightzak said:
DaveMode said:
did you change your wii settings to component? Sounds like you didn't.

I looked for a setting within my Wii but couldn't find one. I did find one options screen pretty much asking if I have a high def tv or standard def. I have a regular 4:3 tube TV (not high def) and it wouldn't allow me to choose the high-def option.

Ideas?
Wait are you saying you got color out of regular cables or component cables? How did you do it?

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:

What types of errors do you claim ImgBurn is causing, also what is "BookType"?

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
HowardC said:
You're saying nonsense. Imgburn is way better to burn discs than Nero

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
Nightstalker said:
turtleman said:
HowardC said:

laugh.gif
lol, I had a Nero 8 Ultra on my laptop for DVDs and anime *coughclannadcough* but then when it told me to check the patent for the convertor, it gave me: You are using a pirated serial key of Nero 8.

But the LEGAL(I swear, came with lite-on drive) version worked good, better than ImgBurn.
smile.gif

I'm going to try Metroid Prime 3 corruption... or its been done, I want to play it.
tongue.gif

anything on naruto ex2?
Nope, still grey screen. Burned 2 more discs, different speeds, both grey screens v_v. I was hoping I'd be able to play GTNTEX3 and Bleach Versus Crusade but my hopes are now dashed..

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Alex said:
Nightstalker said:
turtleman said:
HowardC said:

laugh.gif

smile.gif

tongue.gif

anything on naruto ex2?
Nope, still grey screen. Burned 2 more discs, different speeds, both grey screens v_v. I was hoping I'd be able to play GTNTEX3 and Bleach Versus Crusade but my hopes are now dashed..
It's out?
ohmy.gif
When?
smile.gif

And Shuny: It depends on certain things, I used Nero because it was simpler, and it worked better, but still, ImgBurn is free and good.

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shuny said:
HowardC said:
You're saying nonsense. Imgburn is way better to burn discs than Nero
I use Nero 7 Burning ROM. I have Nero 7 Ultra Edition it iss downloaded, I hate to admit, but it does work great. It can set the BookType easily and so far I haven't had any problems with it.

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alex said:
It's out?
ohmy.gif
When?
smile.gif

And Shuny: It depends on certain things, I used Nero because it was simpler, and it worked better, but still, ImgBurn is free and good.

Nero 8 has been out since Sept 26 of last year and Metroid Prime 3 was released on August 27 or last year.

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raiyu245 said:
Alex said:
It's out?
ohmy.gif
When?
smile.gif
Bleach: Versus Crusade comes out December 18th if I remember, NGTNTEX3 comes out November 17th I think. But again, hopes are dashed til someone makes a better version and boosts the compatability.
I heard crediar was woking on one. One that doesn't use cIOS. I'm not sure if it uses DVDX. It's been in development for a long while now. I'm not even sure if he's working on it anymore or if he dropped the project.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trauma center: new blood freezes on green screen
ntsc iso w/ ntsc wii & 480p

like the others star wars force unleashed works great

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kilarena said:
It took you an hour to dl the game? Your connection must be fast. It took me a day to get Star Wars.

Depend of what you use to DL, if you use P2P, that will be really slow sure but some HTTP direct link are the best way to get a game fast.
Where do you get the http links? PM me!

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

Seems to be the case for me, PAL copy of TFU is working in full color with RCA cables but it is the only game I've gotten to try so far. I'm waiting on some more ISO's to finish so I can test more. Rebel Raiders NTSC will be finished soon, that will be my next report.
Was the PAL copy region freed and with what or was it just burnt and used in the backup loader because i tried wii chess PAL on my my NTSC 3.2U and still get black and white and screen not fitting properly.

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
dinofan01 said:
Grav said:
I have a question: Does installing DVDx or whatever cause your load times in regular non-burned games to be slower?
Simply put, no.

So if a NTSC Wii owner wants to play an ISO in color without component cable or a HD TV they need the PAL ISO?

Seems to be the case for me, PAL copy of TFU is working in full color with RCA cables but it is the only game I've gotten to try so far. I'm waiting on some more ISO's to finish so I can test more. Rebel Raiders NTSC will be finished soon, that will be my next report.
Was the PAL copy region freed and with what or was it just burnt and used in the backup loader because i tried wii chess PAL on my my NTSC 3.2U and still get black and white and screen not fitting properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1