Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oke guys i can confirm that you get te -4100 error with bad media i tryed platinum DVD+R and that didn't work for star wars (tried 4 dvd's different burn speeds) now i tryed Sony DVD-R write speed 2.4x and works good (apart from slow loading) no stuttering in movies whatsoever. so buy good media everyone!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex said:
hmm... I get an error when loading the backup, I used Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX 2, and I get ERROR! (ret = -4100)

I used a Memorex DVD+RW(re-writable) and 4x write speed with Nero software for the LITE-ON with the DL support and LightScribe.(I heard rumors about this being THE drive,
ohmy.gif
)

And I think I forgot to put DVD-ROM book type, I'm not sure.
I couldn't get it past the grey screen. Then again, I burned it at 2.4x speed. Maybe I should go higher?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your talking about Svideo from the Wii to a TV... how do you do that?? If you mean Wii > standard cables > RF box > Svideo it's the same as Standard cable to TV... just with a rf modulator box in between..

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Alex said:
hmm... I get an error when loading the backup, I used Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX 2, and I get ERROR! (ret = -4100)

I used a Memorex DVD+RW(re-writable) and 4x write speed with Nero software for the LITE-ON with the DL support and LightScribe.(I heard rumors about this being THE drive,
ohmy.gif
)

And I think I forgot to put DVD-ROM book type, I'm not sure.
I couldn't get it past the grey screen. Then again, I burned it at 2.4x speed. Maybe I should go higher?
Me too, I used another DVD(a whole bunch of them were on the table) and burned it at 16x, they were some crappy looking Maxell DVD-R with those printable label. (I can't even burn movies to them and I got it working
ohmy.gif
)

EDIT: Well, it recognized it! But stuck at grey screen.
frown.gif

YungObama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should trying burning your backups at 3x speed. I burnt a back copy of my Lego Star Wars collection at 3x speed and it works.

YungObama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to add that TNA NTSC doesn't work. Well I get like a green screen.
Lego Star Wars collection works though.

di4medollaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well after much experimentation i think i figured out the (RET = -4100) Error!!
First off my wii specs are as follows ' NTSC wii, 3.3u firmware and it is the newer model with hd component cables.Ok i currently have 3 PC'S all with different burners 1x "pioneer 211'd" 1x "TSSCORP Samsung" and 1x "nec" Also i have lots of different blank media and the brands i tested are maxell dvd+r , verbatim dvd+r sony dvd-r and finally sony dvd+rw.Doing these tests i made around 13 coasters with trial and error burning and at the end used dvd+RW cause u can erase and reburn them.

My test games were final fantasy chocobo dungeon and mario galaxy and both were NTSC.
First i extracted the final fantasy image from my RAR file and extracted it to the backup creator and created the patched ISO , i then burned the same image with my pioneer burner and verbatim dvd+R discs on all default settings with imgburn and it got the ret 4100 error, i then tried again with the same burner and same media again and same thing , i then tested to see if nero burning rom on default worked with once again same verbatim dvd+R media and same pioneer burner and once again ret 4100 error , next i did all the same steps as above but used the sony dvd-R media and once again all 3 had ret 4100 error and same thing for the 3 sony dvd+RW.

I then moved on to my next dvd burner "nec" and did all the same steps above and all 9 discs where coasters once again i tried all 3 verbatim dvd+R and then switched to sony dvd-R and finally sony dvd+RW and ya, all coasters with all above listed programs.

Lastly i moved on to my TSSCORP samsung burner and fired up imgburn and the 1st verbatim dvd+R worked , i then fired up nero burning rom with the verbatim's and that worked too , i then tried the sony dvd-R on imgburn and nero burning rom again and both worked and then just to see i tried 2 sony dvd+rw rewritable discs and even they worked
rolleyes.gif

So after all this my conclusion is that it does not matter what brand of discs or if they are dvd-R or dvd+R or even dvd+RW , All that matters is what type of burner you have!! Some brands of burners will work and some will not!! Also some people get different errors and glitches with the same exact game, like mario galaxy for instance runs perfectly for me exept for the longer loading times wich is not too bad because all that has to be fixed in the next version is the wii's dvd drive speed and that will most likely fix the loading issues.
So bottom line is until the compatability issues with the different dvd burners gets fixed for the iso burning proccess , you will just have to hope youre burner is compatible like my samsung
unsure.gif

thunderct

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics PAL works on my PAL wii.

Burnt on a 8x Ridisc DVD-r using cyberlink power2go.

Intro video is laggy and choppy due to the 3x speed but the game itself works a treat. Events take a minute or so to load as does loading the menu after an event, but the loading speed is the only problem if you call it a problem.

Also of note is that it green screens briefly on load then goes to a black screen, but stick with it and the game will load in about a minute or so.

LoganCZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another game on my PAL Wii:

Top Spin 3 (PAL) - after 15 minutes game freezes in loading screen... There is chance that I burn it onto bad disc... Tomorow I buy some new discs and test it again.

Tripwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NEC ND4570A = working with dvd-r but maybe depends on media:

Platinum DVD + R = Not Working
Samsung DVD+RW = Not Working
Sony DVD-R = Working
Imation DVD-R = Working

Trying laptop drive now (pioneer) will post results soon

azeazezar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
di4medollaz said:
i then burned the same image with my pioneer burner and verbatim dvd+R discs on all default settings with imgburn and it got the ret 4100 error

Your suprized?
The booktype has to be DVD-ROM. Some burners default to DVD-ROM, most have DVD+R as default booktype. The settings of the program don't matter.

You need to change the booktype on most drives.

This is only a problem with DVD+r media. If you use DVD-R, there shouldn't be any problems.

Why do i even bother posting this?

Have a nice day.

-Azeazezar-

kilarena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tripwire said:

Sony DVD-R = Working
Imation DVD-R = Working

Yeah, I've a NEC AD-5170A and Verbatim +R work but -RW don't, I can't change book type for the last sort of support. But Tripwire, how do you modify the booktype for DVD-R on ImgBurn ? I only see +RW/+R/+R DL :-O

Nightstalker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*Tested backups using TDK DVD-R discs burned at 4x on my NTSC WII with HD component cables*

UPDATE: Super Paper Mario (NTSC): Works!

Elebits (NTSC): Works!
Excite Truck (NTSC): Works!
Mario Kart (NTSC): Works!
No More Heros (NTSC): Doesn't work! Hangs on green screen.
Order Up! (NTSC): Lags on the intro, but works at normal speed while playing.
Rayman Raving Rabbids (NTSC): Doesn't work! Hangs on green screen.
Resident Evil 4 (NTSC): Works!
Super Paper Mario (NTSC): Works!
WarioWare (NTSC): Doesn't work! Hangs on green screen.
Zack and Wiki (NTSC): Works!

For the person who was asking how I download ISOs so fast. Well I have a Rapidshare.com premium account and that allows me to download games at 200 kb per second. I'd recommend getting one, it's only 9.99 for a month of downloading.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kilarena said:
Tripwire said:

Sony DVD-R = Working
Imation DVD-R = Working

Yeah, I've a NEC AD-5170A and Verbatim +R work but -RW don't, I can't change book type for the last sort of support. But Tripwire, how do you modify the booktype for DVD-R on ImgBurn ? I only see +RW/+R/+R DL :-O
It also sometimes depends on the speed. I use FujiFilm DVD+R. I can boot up Mario Kart Wii just fine. (But in black and white.) Some games I download load up but then I'd get a grey screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI