Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, i am trying to download some wii isos to try the loader out. but since im in college, i can't torrent anything or ill get warnings and such. Does anyone know a good website with direct download links for wii isos?

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
aizen000 said:
guys, i am trying to download some wii isos to try the loader out. but since im in college, i can't torrent anything or ill get warnings and such. Does anyone know a good website with direct download links for wii isos?

You are Not allowed to torrent things at your school!?!?
blink.gif

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just spent the last day getting 3 NTSC wii isos. I REALLY DONT HAVE 10$!!! Is there a way to play NTSC games without HD cables? I havent actually burned them yet. The games i want to play are: Dragon Quest swords, DBZ: budokai tenkaichi 3, and Medal of honor Heroes 2. thanks in advance.

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorox said:
I just spent the last day getting 3 NTSC wii isos. I REALLY DONT HAVE 10$!!! Is there a way to play NTSC games without HD cables? I havent actually burned them yet. The games i want to play are: Dragon Quest swords, DBZ: budokai tenkaichi 3, and Medal of honor Heroes 2. thanks in advance.

You can play NTSC games as long as your tv supports NTSC. Most tvs nowadays support both. Else, it will just come through as black and white.

Poltergeist.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Okay, I bought TDK DVD-Rs and I burned Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (PAL) (again) on one of them.

The game works. No noticeable glitches, the only con is that the game loads a bit slowly which is understandable. The good thing is that the game loads part of it while you are playing so even if you have to wait a couple of seconds to move again, you can use the spare time to shoot around for some pick-ups.

So, to recap:

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (PAL) works with no glitches only minor slowdowns. Tested on a PAL Wii with ver. 3.3E firmware. Burned on TDK DVD-R|16x DVDs with an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A writer using ImgBurn at 2.4x.

jaks6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jaks6 said:
I am using a PAL Wii, any ideas why two out of two of my tested games (pal) appear flickering with a triple-like signal, like the video mode was wrong?
Any ideas?
I'm sorry for bumping this, but i'd really like to have this sorted out.
I have a 10 year old TV which uses PAL standards..?

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
aizen000 said:
You cant peer to peer at all. they catch you by the amount of uploading ur program does.
cry.gif
lecture.gif
Then "disable" uploading.

Limit upload to 0. And other stop uploading things.

won't that greatly reduce my download rates for games which are usually a couple of gigs in size

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got the files, and I use the program by right-click, but how do I know if it finished patching? Does it show anything? they are all in the same dir, and I used right-click, open with... and browse..., then I picked backup-creator.exe any help? I looked back but I might have missed something...

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they have things like ps2iso which is a forum with loads of direct link downloads, but for wii all i can find is torrent

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (NTSC) - Dumped it myself, burned at 4x with ImgBurn on ELGIN dvd-r. [Wii NTSC 3.3U]

Audio is fine.
Colors are fine. Video is messed up, looks like "widescreen". Except the stripes are not black, they're glitchy.
Loading takes a while (20 secs?).
Intro movie and menu are slow.
I think Nintendo WFC works, as I got 5 Friend Vouchers when I was still on the menu.
Takes about a minute to load a saved game. I didn't try to create a new one.
Played for about 20 minutes, gameplay is fine, except the doors take a while to load/open. (~5 secs :/)
Also, if you select the Scan Visor and go back to the Combat one, the HUD gets glitchy, just like the stripes.

Anyone tried GC games? I think I'm going to right now, since I have nothing to do, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, new pfp?