Hacking Waninkoko's Backup Loader FAQ

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of the issues (especially the -4100 error) are related to imgburn. Quite frankly it's not a very good program and it's difficult to find settings.

I just screwed up an iso knowning full well what I'm doing because the program doesn't tell you what settings you have set (booktype ect) before you click "burn" in the summary screen. Nero or alcohol 120% would probably do better.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using IMGBurn for over about a year to backup Xbox360, PS2, and Wii games. I hardly ever have problems with it. I've got about 60 X360 games backed up and only ever got 2 coasters. One was the first game I ever burned which I forgot to set Book Type to DVD-ROM (just like you have to for the Backup Loader) and the other was a game that was not PAL-Region locked (so it didn't work because of the region). It all comes down to end user. If you prefer Alcohol 120% thats fine, but since IMGBurn is free it's going to be the best program to use as a level platform.

Rcolon85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
telefunkin said:
Force Unleashed PAL, converted to NTSC using regionfrii and BrickBlocker. Worked on my NTSC Wii(d2b chipset, no modchip) using regular AV cables on a non HD TV.

I was able to load game(initial load time was long, maybe 2 minutes) and navigate menus. Tested the tutorials and seemed to be working. Regular gameplay also worked, although I only played for 15 -20 minutes. Did not seem to be any lag until I quit and went back to the menu. Once the main menu vid sequence started it chopped up and eventually froze. Not bad tho. Gameplay seemed to work without any lag or glitches and I had full color even without the component cable.

So it works without the componet cable ?

Any luck with anybody esle?

dazz159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ferrari Challenge PAL Works Fine, Star Wars Force Unleashed PAL Works Fine, The Godfather Blackhand Editon NTSC works with minor graphical bugs, and seems to crash when it wants to, coz first time it crashed after bout 15 mins of play, and second time i played it for bout an hour lol, NFS Prostreet PAL seems to work fine aswell. All tested on PAL 3.2 Wii, burnt at 4x using cheap tesco discs.

LoganCZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again on my PAL Wii :

Pokemon Battle Revolution (PAL) - worked, no intro (laggy sound), sound in menu is sometimes slow, gameplay is okay...

I dump my Top Spin 3 now so I post it later.

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i might as well give my 2cents

PAL WII
(All Pal ISO's)

Mario Kart - Works but as people have said freezes after first race

Monster Trux - Works perfectly shame its a shit game

Wall-E - Freezes when creating a game

Startrek Conquest - Again as with Monster trux it works perfectly(forced myself to play for 30mins) but like that game its such crap

Anyone seeing a pattern here? All the shit games work
biggrin.gif

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No More Heroes (NTSC-U)
------------------------------
ISO dumped using WiiHTTPd v0.0.1
Patched with backup-creator
Burned to DVD+R with ImgBurn

DOES NOT WORK.

All I get is the cursed gray screen, disc drive sounds like it's spinning, but it never gets anywhere.

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
NTSC Mario Kart
NTSC Wii 3.2 U

Hangs at loader screen att 3rd stage "apploader code"

Media issue..?? Region issue..??

No Name ultraredmedia 4.7 DVD-R

Burned using image burm...tried at 1X and 2X .. both hang at same point at loader screen.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
force unleashed works with svideo, but black and white only. everything plays thru fine. no crashing, just some long loading times. with component, you get color back. tested on ntsc on ntsc

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rmr guys, u gotta PM the guy to update the first post, simply posting it in the thread may be skipped over by him

phil_t98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi need help please.i have installed cios then dvdx but can find backup loader on homebrew channel.i have put dvd backup.dol in apps but cant find loader. please somebody help its doing me in hahahahaha

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for those of us with drivechips to test this?

I just decided to give it a go but got the 4100 error. Not sure if it was my fault or if me having a modchip is to blame.

daltonlaffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more information for the pile.

ISO Tested: Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (NTSC), on an NTSC Wii, firmware 3.3.
Status: Playable but videos lag to the point of being annoying and everything is gray, white, and purple(?).
Tested on: Freshly-bought Maxell DVD-R, burned with ImgBurn, no changes to the Book Keeping. Burned on a nameless LightScribe drive.

Also: For those getting a -4100 error with this ISO, please don't use a DVD-RW or a DVD+R. I tried both and got a -4100, but burning the same ISO to this DVD-R made it work flawlessly.

kvp1192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Or maybe it's that he was last online at 3:55AM EST today.

Either one.
well ya, and he asked if people would pm him..

QUOTEPlease PM ME MORE COMPATIBILITY INFO and I will add it here. Include BURN SPEED, GAME REGION, WII REGION, GAME NAME, and any other info (Scrubbed, regionshifted, edited, brickblocked, whatever.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8uydsntOyc