Hacking Waninkoko Firmware Updater 4.3 on its way

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I updated through Wanins Updater and the homebrew channel is still there. Wanins 4.3 Updater patches the System Menu. Awesome work Wanin
smile.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Everlasting Nightmare said:
When patching the IOS and System Menu, it stops on the Wii Shop Channel and gets an error -0 or -1..most likely -0.

That might be too much traffic in the nintendo servers.
Try later.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damian666 said:
so... save to use?

will update version number so it wont keep asking for a update?

Damian

Even after running his updater your wii will still tell you theres an update if you use the update feature in the wii settings menu because his updater only updates the safe ios files.

Using his updater it will not install the stubs of 222,223,249,250,254 but nintendo will still tell you they need updated.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Network updating is not working for me.. When it's downloading the System Menu the screen gets corrupted and the Wii hangs. Tried it for 5 times now running the updater 2 times on IOS 36 en 3 times on cIOSX 19 with IOS 57 base.

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OverjoY said:
Network updating is not working for me.. When it's downloading the System Menu the screen gets corrupted and the Wii hangs. Tried it for 5 times now running the updater 2 times on IOS 36 en 3 times on cIOSX 19 with IOS 57 base.

Yeah, I get ret = -1010. Ah well, gonna try later on.

DougClayton4231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my 4.2U (Nintendo) to 4.3 (Waninkoko) using his downloader with patches applied on 249 and my homebrew channel is now missing! I have a nand backup, which isn't the big issue. It also killed my DarkCORP installation but running my games from USB still works. I was wondering whether I can still salvage my homebrew channel or not.

BTW, Thanks Waninkoko for all the hard work you've put in over the years.

waninkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
DougClayton4231 said:
I just updated my 4.2U (Nintendo) to 4.3 (Waninkoko) using his downloader with patches applied on 249 and my homebrew channel is now missing! I have a nand backup, which isn't the big issue. It also killed my DarkCORP installation but running my games from USB still works. I was wondering whether I can still salvage my homebrew channel or not.

Are you sure you enabled IOS/System Menu patches?

DougClayton4231

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100% sure. I think it might just be a random bug. I can restore my NAND backup and try it again if you want.

Edit: I just looked at another thread and apparently this updater didn't work for several other people. Maybe there is a common issue.
Just restored old NAND and I'm retrying the installation on 250. I removed my GC memory cards and controllers just in case. Same result, no homebrew channel and disabled priloader.

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been such a looong time since I used Waninkoko's 4.2 firmware updater that I forgot there needs to be space for the firmware to install.

@waninkoko

4.3U Wan., all I have to say is wat
laugh.gif

unknownsoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
DougClayton4231 said:

I did enable the patches and HBC is gone. I have a NAND backup but I can't use it due to no BootMii.
unsure.gif

EDIT: I was able to access BootMii, just need a GC controller to restore.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
So this one patches System Menu 4.3 before installing it or not ? If yes, what are the patches applied ? Have you disassembled the new system menu to find these patches or are these patch from older system menus ? Does it install the new IOS (IOS58 ?) ?

Again, I couldn't find any serious informations anywhere (README is useless as usual) and I think people should be informed before using this

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
unknownsoul said:
I did enable the patches and HBC is gone. I have a NAND backup but I can't use it due to no BootMii.
unsure.gif

EDIT: I was able to access BootMii, just need a GC controller to restore.
You can use the buttons on the Wii (Power/Reset) to navigate BootMii if you don't have a GCN controller.

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
waninkoko said:
DougClayton4231 said:

yes i have try and i have the same error !!!!
i use 249 patched sys menu

error install sys menu 4.3 -1010 press any button ....

40432073.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-