Hacking Wall E for DS not working on R4i flashcart

maximus____dip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i flashcart and I wanted to re-live one of my first DS games, Wall E for the DS. I have the ROM installed on my flashcart and I can get the ROM to boot, except when I go to start a new game, the game freezes at a black screen, so I have to restart my DS. I have tried the game in multiple DS emulators on my PC, and the ROM works just fine. This is the only game that fails to work properly on my flashcart. Anyone have any fixes/suggestions?

I have an R4i gold 2019 flashcart running the latest version of the r4isdhc kernel

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a clean ROM?
There are a few settings in the R4iSDHC kernel (like DMA etc). Maybe one helps to enable it.

/edit
Yep, it doesn't work with the official kernel. It works with YSMenu, so depending on how important it is to you you can switch to it.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

maximus____dip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed YSMenu and I keep getting an error message reading "Unsupported DLDI Name"
Do you have a clean ROM?
There are a few settings in the R4iSDHC kernel (like DMA etc). Maybe one helps to enable it.

/edit
Yep, it doesn't work with the official kernel. It works with YSMenu, so depending on how important it is to you you can switch to it.

Ah, thank you so much. I was able to dual boot with YSMenu and sure enough, the ROM worked. I greatly appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...