wake up develepors!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ZenZero, Nov 9, 2008.

Nov 9, 2008

wake up develepors! by ZenZero at 10:17 AM (1,849 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    the games develepors need to wake up...

on the 360 you get game demos...
    on the ps3 you get game demos...
    on the wii you get gam... no, we don't!

why not!

wiiware is perfect for offering free game demos, so why is nobody using it?

it would be very simple

turn on the shop channel
    download it to a vacant channel spot
    play

why are develpors not using what would be a brilliant service???

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its not the developers, its the publishers who decide whether to do demos or not. On the Wii however its up to Nintendo and they don't want to.

Rant at Nintendo about this, and they'll surely just ignore you.

3. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Has a Nintendo system ever had demos available for it?

4. Daihatsuboy

Newcomer Daihatsuboy Advanced Member

United States
    The Wii has DS demos. lol, close enough.

Plus, the Wii doesn't have a hard drive to store the demos on. People don't even have enough space on their Wii for their Virtual Console games.

5. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Yep, good ol' Nintendo. Always doing things their own way. At least you do get an easy to mod/hack gamesystem as a bonus. [​IMG]

6. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Isnt ninendo consoles generally hard to hack?

7. deervark

Member deervark GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not any harder than other systems, the interest just has to be there. nintendo's biggest mistake is making the DS and the wii too cool. the wii interface is one of the most engaging things in video game history (my opinion) and it makes homebrew a blast. homebrew led to softmods. likewise with the DS, although i don't think the interface is as ingenious as the wii - it is still very nice and very fun.

i love the backup loaders. i get to play oneechanbara and a bunch of other games not made readily available to me otherwise. The one thing i wish that the loader developers would have done is completely disable online play. not only would this help push people to buy the games they download and like, but it would push nintendo and it's 3rd party publishers and developers to include online play in more games so people would have to buy them for the full experience. this is just my opinion.

8. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    N64 was pretty difficult to crack. I don't recall any flash cart ever making it into production. Only proof of concept ideas, and traditional copiers.

Care to correct me if I'm wrong?

9. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Doctor 64? Wasnt the gamcube hard to hack or something. I think you could only first copy games through phantasy star and that took like 24 hours.

10. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Didnt they use the modem you got with it to stream the Iso's to the GC? Or am I well off on that one?

11. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Nintendo are doing their best to disable the whole homebrew thing and have diabled it for 24 hours until a work around was released - then the latest update on oct 24th stopped more things , but again was worked around.

I think eventually if they keep it up they will close most of the holes and make life hard for anyone on the homebrew scene .... but by then they will prob release a new wii anyway.

The thing is , mod chips get you playing online games anyway so the soft mod may as well do the same really - unless everyone decided initially to forfit the online play option in a little respect for the Big N.

12. ZenZero
    OP

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    ^ and that has nothing to do with my post ^

all i am saying is that we have NO demo's and all the other consoles do.

13. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    why do you think we "try before we buy"? it's the only way we can tryout the game before buying.

even on the ps3 there is demos but not all demos are released the same time as the full game is released (mgs4, warhawk), also i find that most demos go on the 360 now (tomb raider underworld is a good example)

14. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, most reports seem to point at Nintendo saying they don't want a demo system in place for Wii games. And the why? That's simple: Nintendo doesn't need to. They're on top of the world, raining down urine upon their customers, and too many of their fans jump at the chance to defend everything they do.

At least we get DS demos...

15. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I believe the problem with having Demos on Wii is mainly the internal storage.

A decent demo has to be at least 300mb. Seeing the Wii memory is 512mb, it'd be pretty useless having demos if you're able to have only one at a time on your Wii, without counting the fact that most games would easily exceed 512mb as a Demo.

Just wait for the next big update, the one which will permit you to run WiiWare games from SD... If Nintendo's smart, they'll start releasing Wii demos too, seeing that a 2gb SD would permit that.

16. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Umm they could easily have demos on a dvd in magazines and at stores and stuff, you dont need to download them, its obvious they just dont want demos.

17. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Well, yeah, but Nintendo loves to have things under control. They never released demos thru magazines for every single console they had, if you recall [​IMG]

If they're gonna permit demos, that will only be directly from them [​IMG]

18. p1ngpong

Croatia
    Well Im saying if they want demos, dvd is the only choice, as the Wii dosent have the capacity to download them! [​IMG]

But its obvious they never intended to have demos available for the Wii.

19. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The main reason they dont have demos for the WII is because we would then be able to see how shite some of the games are.

without game demos :: basically have to buy the game to see how it plays = developers get their money

with game demos :: users can see how little effort the developers have put into their games and DONT buy their shite = no money and more work for the lazy bastards.

If the developers actually did some bloody work and made products that were worth playing on this console ,which in my opinion is the best purely due to the control method ( and ive owned the 360 and ps3 and sold them ) the wii would help boost game sales, but until nintendo and us users start opening our mouths then we will continue to get crap thrown at us by greedy wankers who blame piracy on poor sales rather than a shite product.

In this day and age im afraid money talks and well you know the rest , they want our money and , well, once youve bought that nice shiney disk in its white plastic case remember there are NO REFUNDS ! .

And you can easily accomodate demos on the wii by being able to download them to a memory card , which you can complain about but c'mon a 4 gig card is maybe 10 GBP which is nothing but nintendo arent that stupid [​IMG]

20. Xta Large

Member Xta Large GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Uh, that's not the main reason. The main reason is that, to have a demo you have to have to be able to download the basic structure and plenty of the assets of a game, and the Wii just doesn't have the space for that.

Even shitty games have demos on the other consoles (hell, there are plenty of shitty DS demos on the Nintendo Channel) so your argument holds no weight.