Homebrew Waithax/Slowhax implementation released by Mrrraou

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, what progress do we have? :)

If you have one of the four you can use waithax, although I see a lot of people with Four Swords not having it work properly. If you don't have any of the four then you can't use it on a unhacked console even though homebrew unless someone figures that out.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
If you have one of the four you can use waithax, although I see a lot of people with Four Swords not having it work properly. If you don't have any of the four then you can't use it on a unhacked console even though homebrew unless someone figures that out.

Hmm, okay. I hope the others, eventually get used for it too.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
The elite four are only used for dsiwarehax nothing else, this gives us arm11 kernel execution system wide and we can use this to install legit Cia's among other things

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, okay. I hope the others, eventually get used for it too.
They could in theory if we got something higher then 3dsx permissions. We could then use the "any dsiware" method and overwrite something like sudoku with a version 0 but you can't currently do that on homebrew alone. There is also another method without using dsiware but no one has written code for it. It's just a theory atm.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The elite four are only used for dsiwarehax nothing else, this gives us arm11 kernel execution system wide and we can use this to install legit Cia's among other things

Yes but without the four you can't anything which was the point I was making.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
They could in theory if we got something higher then 3dsx permissions. We could then use the "any dsiware" method and overwrite something like sudoku with a version 0 but you can't currently do that on homebrew alone. There is also another method without using dsiware but no one has written code for it. It's just a theory atm.
In order to overwrite the .app file we would need to get arm9 user land/kernel execution rights, currently the last know 3ds version with a vulnerability to get this is 9.2 and not a single one has been found since.
Also if another vulnerability was found downgrading would be unnecessary and we could just begin the install from 11.2 instead

Last edited by KevinX8,

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes but without the four you can't anything which was the point I was making.
Um no you can simply launch fbi as a 3dsx why would you need the elite four?

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um no you can simply launch fbi as a 3dsx why would you need the elite four?

You just finished saying you can't overwrite or install unsigned apps above 9.2 how can you use FBI with just base homebrew on 11+?

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
You just finished saying you can't overwrite or install unsigned apps above 9.2 how can you use FBI with just base homebrew on 11+?
you CAN install SIGNED apps however aka legit cias which allows people to pirate while they are on 11.0/1 even without a9lh or dsiware

Wouldn't a downgrade to 2.1 still be needed to grab OTP?
yes obviously but we begin the a9lh install at 9.2 since its the latest version we can possibly make a backup before we completely destroy our data when we downgrade

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you CAN install SIGNED apps however aka legit cias which allows people to pirate while they are on 11.0/1 even without a9lh or dsiware
So are you saying you can get a copy of one of the four to install on 11+ (With JUST homebrew on unhacked console) THEN use waithax to gain arm11 to downgrade? Remeber we are talking about 11+ here not 10.7 or 9.2 or having CFW like lumia. Just have to use a "pirate" copy?

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying you can get a copy of one of the four to install on 11+ (With JUST homebrew on unhacked console) THEN use waithax to gain arm11 to downgrade? Remeber we are talking about 11+ here not 10.7 or 9.2 or having CFW like lumia. Just have to use a "pirate" copy?
No. You have to have a legit copy(actually purchased) to use it.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
if you can find a legit cia of one of the elite four then yes simply lauch waithax and then afterwards fbi or wait for mrrraou to implement waithax directly into fbi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...