Hacking Wads Wont Load

  • Thread starter Thread starter pangasinan
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,580
  • Replies Replies 10

pangasinan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
113
Reaction score
5
Trophies
1
XP
197
Country
United States
Hi
I have a wii v3.2 that wont load wads,I install them easy enough using Wad Manager , but when I go to start them using the system menu channel,the screen goes black and then goes back to the system menu.
So please how can I get these wads load load,I also have another wii and wads ,load fine from that.

THANKS
 
Patch your system menu ios.
That's asking for a brick without proper protection.


Bump.. someone should know what is needed to load wads from a channel ??
If you're on 3.2 then your IOSes are probably out of date. Sounds to me like the games you've installed are trying to run off an IOS you don't have. Virtual Console and WiiWare titles still run off the IOSes they require when normally downloaded from the shop (unless they're patched to use a different slot)
 
I would update the IOS's if I were you. You can either install them via the wad manager. Get the latest IOS's from http://gbatemp.net/topic/171901-modify-any-wii-43-below/ or I would suggest first updating your wii to 4.3 and doing a full rehack with the info from page I linked to or using ModMii located here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/207126-modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic/ , make sure you backup any saves and installed wads before doing so. There's really no point in staying on an older version as there's no advantage to it, there are actually advantages on versions 4.0 and above of being able to move VC and Wiiware to an SD card and also being SDHC compatible. I take no responsibility if you brick your system using these things, but that shouldn't be a problem unless there's a blackout or natural disaster while you're updating it. Also if you haven't done so make a backup of your NAND now and after you rehack.
 
Well I just updated the wii to 4.3 using the wii system update and it never removed my softmod.
The homebrew channel is still there ,my emulators are still there and working and now the wads are loading like they should.
The only thing I had to do was reinstall ios 249.
How is this possible ? I thought updating was suppose to remove the softmod,anyway I am happy about this.
 
Well I just updated the wii to 4.3 using the wii system update and it never removed my softmod.
The homebrew channel is still there ,my emulators are still there and working and now the wads are loading like they should.
The only thing I had to do was reinstall ios 249.
How is this possible ? I thought updating was suppose to remove the softmod,anyway I am happy about this.
You have a version of the homebrew channel that is newer than the 4.3 system update for the wii. Because of this 4.3 doesn't remove it. If you had any cIOSes they're probably gone.
 
Well I just updated the wii to 4.3 using the wii system update and it never removed my softmod.
The homebrew channel is still there ,my emulators are still there and working and now the wads are loading like they should.
The only thing I had to do was reinstall ios 249.
How is this possible ? I thought updating was suppose to remove the softmod,anyway I am happy about this.
HBC 1.0.8 or newer (AFAIK), is not removed by 4.3.

BTW cIOS 249 was stubbed by the update. Meaning that it was replaced with an unusable IOS.
 
Thanks people for the info,great to see that the softmod was not affected and lets hope that Nintendo dont make any more updates . :)
 
FYI, if u had bootmii as boot2 installed, the update may have overwritten\uninstalled it (since you were on 3.2 it most likely did uninstall it, the only way it wouldn't have is if your version of boot2 was already at v4 before you installed bootmii as boot2 to begin with). Since it sounds like your Wii is old enough to install bootmii as boot2 (i.e. had 3.2 installed before) you should definitely install\reinstall bootmii as boot2. Also, the update definitely woulda overwritten\uninstalled priiloader. Also, some other common cIOSs may have also gotten stubbed during the update process, not just 249. I recommend you (re)install bootmii as boot2 and priiloader (for brick protection), if you don't know how, just resoftmod your Wii using ModMii's Wizard function.

Just so you're aware, if your Wii was originally Korean and it was region changed to be US, updating officially to 4.2+ would have bricked you. So if you bought your Wii used, you unknowingly took a pretty big risk by updating officially. Obviously since your Wii isn't bricked your Wii isn't Korean nor was it ever Korean.
 
I tried to reinstall bootmii,but it said I could only install as bootmii ios :( , but I have just reinstalled Priiloader and that works fine :) thanks
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted