Hacking WADs load from HBC but not their own channels

Magicme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So tonight I followed the links in djtaz's sig (thanks so much for those btw) and set up my Wii with the Homebrew Channel, Backup loader, etc. It all works fine except for this; the WADs don't load properly from their own channels after I install them. Everything works fine when I load them from the HBC, but when I load the Backup Loader Channel, for example, and click start, the screen goes black, and stays black. Eventually I can hear the sound of the game I've attempted to load, however. Occasionally I can turn the Wii off with the off-switch when this happens but the majority of the time I have to pull the power cable out. This happens for the other channels that I've installed from the WAD Manager.

Its not a big problem as I can just load everything from the HBC, but I was just wondering if anyone had a solution for this problem? I looked around a bit and found a few people with similar problems but no posted solutions to the issue.

Im using 3.2E (after downgrading) and followed the guide step by step.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

EriktheRed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the WAD you downloaded isn't doing something like forcing NTSC? Many of the WAD files I have seen do so. If you're not using component cables and the WAD is set to auto-force NTSC, it obviously won't work on your PAL TV. You may need to download a version of the WAD that auto-forces PAL.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
EriktheRed said:
Are you sure the WAD you downloaded isn't doing something like forcing NTSC? Many of the WAD files I have seen do so. If you're not using component cables and the WAD is set to auto-force NTSC, it obviously won't work on your PAL TV. You may need to download a version of the WAD that auto-forces PAL.
or doesn't force anything
be sure the wad is your own region (if its not region free)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-