Hacking WADManager For SDHC?

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm wondering if he tried installing something like starfall or preloader with it.
I don't know if they install using wads, because I havent used them before, but I hear they are insta-brick with menu 4.0.

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Cygoku has posted two things since then, and none of them are about his wii being bricked. So, I wouldn't take what he said seriously, unless he wants to explain.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot
smile.gif
for me the homebrew chann wont read any thing on a 8 gig sdhc card am i the only one??

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard that some cards are incompatible with HBC, so maybe it's your card.

Cygoku said:
It was the IOS60 wich was passed trough freethebug.exe

Cygoku

Well, I would say it's the wad file that you used not that wad manager. That's a custom wad, and may have had incompatibility with your current wii configuration. The game wads that I installed work just fine. So, your wii is completely bricked? Or, did the wad fail to install, and your wii is just fine?

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
timtlm said:
I have heard that some cards are incompatible with HBC, so maybe it's your card.

Cygoku said:

Cygoku

Well, I would say it's the wad file that you used not that wad manager. The game wads that I installed work just fine.
Nope, it's the exact same WAD is used earlier, checksums are the same.

Cygoku

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cygoku said:
timtlm said:

Cygoku said:

Cygoku

Well, I would say it's the wad file that you used not that wad manager. The game wads that I installed work just fine.
Nope, it's the exact same WAD is used earlier, checksums are the same.

Cygoku

So you installed it with the original wad manager, and it worked fine? Then you installed with the modified wad manager for SDHC, and it bricked your wii? Why would you need to install that IOS60 wad twice? Is your wii really bricked, or did it just fail to install?

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8gb sd cards work fine on HBC. I've tested 4 different brands (Kingston, Transcend, Sandisk, and one offbrand one).
But there is a trick to it. Most of them will not detect initially.
You have to hit the "Home" key and choose "Reload", then upon reload the card will detect.
Its something I stumbled onto by accident when I thought my first one didn't work.

I'm curious about Cygoku's problem, though...
I tried all the cios60 installers and could never get one to download and install, so I ended out seeking out the patched wad and installing it through this same Wad Manager just like he did, but it works fine for me.
I also gave that wad to another person on this board and they had no problem installing it through this Wad Manager.
I wonder if there is some hang up when trying to install it twice?
I'm considering downgrading to 3.2, installing preloader or starfall, and then trying installing the wad twice to see if it bricks me (since it would then be recoverable).

x5nder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks aml435, that patched version of WAD Manager works like a charm -- installed all my old wad's with it, then moved them to the SD card. Sweetness.

About the IOS61/IOS60-patcher not running, I had the same problem in 3.4. I resolved the problem by running the IOS Downgrader (not CIOS Downgrader!!!), then applying the IOS61/IOS60-patch and the CIOS36v8-patch. After that I upgraded to 4.0 and I still have all functionality.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahaha
For a second I thought you found the source of where I got it months ago and was like "Wow, good find. I was wondering where I got that."
Then I noticed that the update is from today, so they're probably reposting it from here or from someone who got it from here.
I still can't figure out where this thing originally came from.
lol

Also, it just occurred to me that I have my own domain with unlimited bandwith, for something unrelated to this stuff.
Here's a mirror link of the wadmanager, which should last a while:
http://lanefilmltd.com/tmp/wadmanager.zip

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Here's the version I use, think I should share it there since the other thread was closed:
With this version, installation of WADS from SD is faster and supports SDHC as long as they are formatted using FAT (FAT16/FAT32)

QUOTE said:
ADDED FEATURES

+SDHC support (simply modified the code to compile with the last versions of libfat/libogc)
+Faster SDCARD read access (compiled to a patched libfat that uses readahead cache)

Sourcecode included (require a patched libfat to compile though)

Download link

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
myself

modifying the code to make it compile with current libogc was obvious
the patch is in libfat SVN repository but need to be modified a bit to work on the last libfat
got the ideas from snes9x sourcecode (they improved roms loading time thanks to the same patch)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +2