Hacking WADManager For SDHC?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Waninkoko is developing a WADManager that is compatible with SDHC cards?

I wanted to port all my data from my 2GB card to my 8GB card, but WADManager won't work on the SDHC card!

unsure.gif

caiweilian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
it did not work well for me too. It shows something like libfat then error.
How do I fix that?
Also, the 4.0 SD Menu unable to read my 4.0GB SDHC Kingston class 4 card. Any idea workaround for that?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caiweilian said:
it did not work well for me too. It shows something like libfat then error.
How do I fix that?
Also, the 4.0 SD Menu unable to read my 4.0GB SDHC Kingston class 4 card. Any idea workaround for that?
Yep... I got the "libfat" error too.

The SD Card Menu will read my 8.0GB Sandisk card fine! You may want to have a look at this Nintendo article: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ds.jsp#purchase

rolleyes.gif

x5nder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm that WAD Manager 1.3 does not work with 8 GB SDHC-cards. I have two different cards, a regular 2 GB SD and 8 GB SDHC. I am getting the ret=-1 error as well on the SDHC-card, even though it is an exact copy of the SD-card (and yes, both formatted as FAT32).

I hope Waninkoko has time to look into this issue and release WAD Manager 1.4 or 2.0 soon!

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
x5nder said:
I can confirm that WAD Manager 1.3 does not work with 8 GB SDHC-cards. I have two different cards, a regular 2 GB SD and 8 GB SDHC. I am getting the ret=-1 error as well on the SDHC-card, even though it is an exact copy of the SD-card (and yes, both formatted as FAT32).

I hope Waninkoko has time to look into this issue and release WAD Manager 1.4 or 2.0 soon!
1.4 or 2.0, version number doesn't matter as long as you got sdhc support right? What would you expect in a 2.0 that a 1.4 wouldn't have ??

Cygoku

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it looks like wad manager 1.3 hasn't ever worked with SDHC cards.

See here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1643174

Probably never got that much attention since the wii couldn't handle SDHC. Now that it does hopefully we will get an update.

What we need is a new wad manager that will work with SDHC cards and install directly to the SDHC cards. That calls for a 2.0 :-)

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
I agree. Waninkoko has done an EXCELLENT job creating tools for the community, but it is time for an update to WADManager! =)

yay.gif

Yeah, especially for the many idiots such as I who decided to update to 4.0 way before reading anything. Try not being able to install any wad, period. lol And this is with a hard modded unit. What's that old stupid Cher song "if I can turn back time".

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Do you not have cIOS installed?

Afraid not - I have a WiiKey and never had to use any cios in the past because everything always worked no matter what was thrown at it. I just found this site - a bit too late I might add. I'm thankful my CDs and HBC still work perfectly, but I miss my wads, and the opportunity to finally dump 'em on an SD.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a hacked version of wadmanager that works across the board with sdhc.
I found it attached to a post on some message board a long time ago.
Several friends complained that every SDHC wadmanager that they had wouldn't work.
When I sent them the hacked one, its worked for all of them.
No idea the origin of it, but it has a banner with meatwad from aquateen hunger force dressed up like an office manager.

Anyway, I tossed it up on rapidshare. Enjoy.
http://rapidshare.com/files/214424838/wadmanager.zip.html

timtlm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aml435 said:
There is a hacked version of wadmanager that works across the board with sdhc.
I found it attached to a post on some message board a long time ago.
Several friends complained that every SDHC wadmanager that they had wouldn't work.
When I sent them the hacked one, its worked for all of them.
No idea the origin of it, but it has a banner with meatwad from aquateen hunger force dressed up like an office manager.

Anyway, I tossed it up on rapidshare. Enjoy.
http://rapidshare.com/files/214424838/wadmanager.zip.html

AWESOME!!! it works. Thank you so much for posting it. This should be getting more attention because i can be very useful with this latest update. Also, that meatwad icon is cool.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious?
I've been using it no problem and other people here had downloaded it and used it without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality