wad on vWii Questions

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by etshelden, Jun 2, 2016.

1. etshelden
    OP

etshelden Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Hello all,

I wanted to install a few WiiWare wads on my vWii to try them out before I buy them (as there's no refund option) and was wondering if I could just download them and install them with YAWMM (or whatever it's called) or if I'd have to anything special.

Thanks!

2. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    WADS on vwii work slightly differently then they do on regular wii, but in your case not really. Just find the .wad of the WiiWare title and install it with whatever wad manager you use. If you want homebrew WADS such as usb loader gx, or any other homebrew application, it needs to be a forwarder made specifically for vwii. WiiWare is fine though.

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    official wiiware wads and official wii VC wads work fine in vwii yes, the only reason homebrew wads need to be vwii exculsive is because you get 4:3 aspect ration on every wade that was made for wii on vwii lol.

4. etshelden
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, noticed homebrew wads not working quite right. Kinda gave up on them, but good to know. Thanks for your help!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Awesome, great to know. Thanks to you too!

5. etshelden
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    One more question, sorry.

Just to confirm, all of these (WiiWare) and these (VC) should work if I install for the correct region (my case, NTSC), correct? I noticed that some were removed, but that really shouldn't impact it, as I'm installing it via wad and not eShop ticket (honestly, I don't know if those even exist for vWii), right?

Thanks!

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yeah wiiware/VC wads are region locked so try to get your region version, or you need to use a progame called freethewads to turn them region free befre installing.